Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Installing OSCAR-copy from desktop to laptop for travel
Installing OSCAR-copy from desktop to laptop for travel
Hi All, 
I am new here: my name is Sam from The Hague, The Netherlands.
Using CPAPs since 2002 with 100% results: cannot live without it!

Current machine Dreamstation BLX500x15  APAP with Humidifier, 9 - 15 cm H2O, A-Flex, since September 14: It is giving me the most peaceful sleep sofar, flattening the curves of all my spikes and valleys of AHI's.

Using OSCAR since 2019 on my desktop. Love the program, providing me insights with oversight.
For monitoring my results while travelling I have tried to setup an OSCAR-copy v 1.1.1. on my Laptop. Alas, doesn't work.

I have two datasets under my Profile name. one going back to 2018 for my former fixed pressure CPAP and one for my new APAP.

I copied over all datafiles under my profile thinking OSCAR on LAptop would pick that up by itself... nope. does not see nor recognise them.

Essentially I want to clone my OSCAR-Desktop installation over to my Laptop, updating its data with my SD Card on the Go. 

Is there Anybody here that can point me to the proper HOW-TO article here? 

Thanks,
Sam
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Installing OSCAR-copy from desktop to laptop for travel
If you copy your entire OSCAR_Data directory from one machine to the other, it should work fine. If you didn't use the default name and location for the data directory, then when starting OSCAR on your laptop and it offers to create OSCAR_Data, respond No and navigate to where your data directory actually is and select its name.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Installing OSCAR-copy from desktop to laptop for travel
Does your Desktop and laptop computer use the same brand of O/S (Linux, Mac, Windows)?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Installing OSCAR-copy from desktop to laptop for travel SOLVED
Hi all, problem/ query SOLVED

My original quick/quick Cloning action from desktop to laptop was hampered by a necessary upgrade of the OSCAR software and its original USERdata.

On my desktop I ran OSCAR v 1.0.1 until recent; on my Laptop I had automatically/unwittingly installed v 1.1.1, as it presented itself on the OSCAR download page. 

The USERdata of these two versions do not mix. They have to be "regenerated" (converted) first. 

So on my desktop I first installed OSCAR v 1.1.1 and carried out the necessary conversion from old to new. I uninstalled the prematurely installed OSCAR v 1.1.1 from the laptop, just to be safe.

I then copied my whole PROFILE folder (c. 500 MB/0.5 GB) from desktop to my Laptop, using an appropriate USBstick, into the laptop's Documents folder.

I then reinstalled OSCAR v1.1.1 on the laptop, made it run and search for its required folder and files.
And Hey Presto, it accepted its new dataset and presented my analyses excellently, identical to those and the desktop. 

When I am travelling all I need to do is insert my SD-card, be it 1 day or a week old, into the laptop and OSCAR will update my existing data folder.

Hope this helps for other users! Feel free to DM me if individual assistance is needed.
Regards, Sam

PS The above applies to Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit on both desktop and laptop; but will behave no different for other Windows 10 versions, since it concerns the USERdata interfacing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dell XPS-13 Laptop & OSCAR Display Resolution 44tonner 2 163 03-04-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: 44tonner
  Request Copy of Resmed Airsense 10 SDCard core files gedm 6 484 12-14-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: gedm
  Error while installing OSCAR on Lenovo Chromebook Bodie 15 1,234 10-29-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Bodie
  How to clear Z1 travel cpap faults? Motorheadrulz 2 2,020 08-01-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  [split] Help installing OSCAR on Mac The Old Crock 4 590 01-08-2023, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Sabee
  AirMini Travel Data Extraction & Teardown JimIve 18 9,077 12-03-2022, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Installing SQL for EncorePro Dee Nyal 16 3,410 08-07-2022, 12:46 PM
Last Post: KSMike

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.