Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR can't find data on SD card
RE: OSCAR can't find data on SD card
I would validate the date on your AC10. This happened before.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure what you are asking Crimson nape.The date in question was available on the screen of my aircurve 10 in the morning, but no data is showing up when after installing it in Oscar.  Not even summary data, just wanted to know if it’s still possible to retrieve this day’s data?
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also double check if the data is even on the SD card. Pop the SD card into your computer and use your file manager to see if the data is there for the date you are missing.

I have accidentally hit the write protect tab on mine putting it back in the machine and it didn't record that particular night.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Jeff, will check that out.
Post Reply Post Reply
The card has to be in then CPAP to collect detailed data. The only data that is kept in the limited onboard memory is the summary data. For the A10 series, this is 365 days. If you are looking for detailed data, you need to use your PC and look in the DATALOG directory for a directory labeled as that date. If it isn't there, then it's gone.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Will take a look Crimson, as far as the question of locking and unlocking the sd card isn’t it only necessary to do with the s9 and not needed for the s10? Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are correct! Only on the S9. The lock tab is only a little piece of plastic that isn't connected to anything. Its position trips a microswitch in the card reader to signal if it should be treated as protected. That is why some of the newer and cheaper readers ignore its setting, because the manufacturer didn't put the switch in to save money. A piece of trash can get lodged in the reader, thus making a reader equipped with the switch think all cards are locked. Likewise, if you ever lose the little tab and want to lock the SD card, a piece of tape over that area of the card will lock it.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again Crimson nape for the excellent explanation.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK a follow up problem relating to SD data. I have been using my CPAP machine with a new SD card since 18 Nov and have had no data retrieval issues with OSCAR. But after two days when I did not use my CPAP machine I resumed use last night and this morning I find that OSCAR cannot find any data on the SD card. Now my DATALOG folder does have data in the subfolder 20221203 and this contains files with the crc and edf extension and the number size of these files seems similar to other dates with readable data. Do I have some sort of crc error (Checksum failure) or what? Assistance appreciated.

Bruce

OK Scratch this for the moment as exiting and reloading OSCAR fixed the problem - I will go through the connections logs and see if I can identify any issues
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR shows missing data for multi week interval Dawnstar 6 76 7 hours ago
Last Post: gardencat
  Data not being written to SD card PappaJoe 2 49 04-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Vs device data Siva 1 106 04-17-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 142 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR not recognizing Lowenstein SD Card Poolboy 6 264 03-31-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 967 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 305 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.