Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR can't read data from SD Card - REMstar Plus (System One 60 Serie
OSCAR can't read data from SD Card - REMstar Plus (System One 60 Serie
Hi,

Just installed OSCAR on my Mac, all went well, but when I imported data from my SD card from my  machine ( P07182106E3C6 REMstar Plus (System One 60 Series) ), it recognize my machine but it gave me an error regarding not recognizing my model and wanted to send a .ZIP file to the developer to confirm compatibility.  My question is: what happens now?  OSCAR has no data to look at, at this point in time.  Has anybody run into this scenario? Will I hear from the developer?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR can't read data from SD Card - REMstar Plus (System One 60 Serie
Please create a .zip of your SD card and upload it to:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b

I'll take a look at it. (You can use Help > Troubleshooting > Create zip of CPAP data card to create the zip.)

I'm surprised to hear that "OSCAR has no data to look at." If you click on the "Daily" tab to you see nothing? For most unrecognized machines it will import the data but list it as "Unknown Model". But it may be that you really do have a variant that we don't know how to import at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR uses a database of machine model numbers and yours wasn't in it. No biggie, you shouldn't see the error again. An OSCAR development team member may come along and ask for your data, so they may include your model number in the next release.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Remstar Plus is a CPAP that provides only compliance data. There is no detailed therapy data. The next model up "Pro" and Auto has data. Confirm this is a DS260xx model. Only the DS460 and DS560 CPAPs have data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, I missed that this was a "Plus." I only have Plus data for the 50-series (251P), so I bet this is 261P. And I don't think the code is confident of its accuracy on 60-series compliance, so it might refuse to import anything.

So, LValadas, please do send that .zip of data so that we can test and support it!

And then contact your doctor and demand a machine that provides efficacy data and not just compliance data! (Others will be able to point you to relevant links.)

Here in the States, often the durable medical equipment provider (DME) will try to pass off the cheapest model they can onto patients (such as yours) since they get reimbursed the same amount regardless of which single-pressure machine they supply. If your doctor specifies that it provide efficacy data (or even better auto-titration), they have to supply what's prescribed, but their profit margin is lower.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for all your responses. 
It appears that my machine is indeed a 260??? the tag under the machine indicates:

REMstar Plus, CAN
REF 261CA
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the update Sawinglogz,  this is a Canadian machine, I am in Canada.  I will send you the .ZIP file shortly.

Lino
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!

The next release of OSCAR will support this machine, as much as it can be supported, which isn't much. It's what's known as a "brick," since it only provides your insurer with compliance (usage) data, not full efficacy data.

Again, you should contact your doctor and demand a different machine:

1. The 60-series machines were replaced by DreamStation machines in 2015. That means your machine is inherently at least 5 years obsolete.
  2. Your particular machine was first used for about 7 months in 2013. Then about 2 weeks in 2014. Then about a week in 2015. Then it sat on a shelf until about a week ago. So it's 7 years old, and previously used.
  3. For proper treatment, you need a machine that provides efficacy data, not just compliance data, which is all that the "Plus" model provides.
See this article for more detail, but your doctor should at least be able to make the most of point #3 to make sure you get an acceptable machine.

I can't believe a DME tried to scam you with such an old, used machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again for all your help sawinglogz,
I appreciate the information you sent me on the machine.  Very interesting. I will definitely get a new machine.  I will see my doctor sometime after the 15th of August as he is currently on vacation.  For the time being I will continue with this one, as it seems to still work pretty good with the humidifier and the heated tube.

Thank you for the quick response to my question.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 8 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 87 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 58 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 217 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.