Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quantify therapy disruptions?
Quantify therapy disruptions?
Is there a way in OSCAR to quantify how many disruptions I had during the night? I frequently have to take my mask off to scratch my nose and I would love to track the number of mask-off events in correlation to how I feel the next day.

[Image: SNZPTeL.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quantify therapy disruptions?
You don't get a mask-off (and resulting mask-on) event by merely taking off your mask.

A mask-on/off event is generated by turning the machine off.

Assuming you have Smart Start On (Air 10) and Smart Stop On (Air 11), then you *may* get a mask off-on for removing your mask, provided it's sufficiently long enough to turn off therapy.

Mask on/offs have nothing to do with actually removing one's mask and everything to do with turning on and off therapy.

Mask on-off, is one of the worst named metrics ever.

About OSCAR quantifying and reporting disruptions. No.

The developers of OSCAR have taken great care to only quantify what the machine reports.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quantify therapy disruptions?
The closest OSCAR comes to what you ask is to report RDI which in most cases is essentially the same as AHI (AHI + RERAS)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Date of Therapy Highlighting Jmosk 7 646 10-05-2022, 03:20 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Determining apneas that would have occurred without therapy alanmw 5 674 09-24-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  DreamMapper Secondary Therapy Device SleepFine 0 2,380 06-16-2020, 01:09 PM
Last Post: SleepFine

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.