Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR chart resolution is wonky
RE: OSCAR chart resolution is wonky
Do you have a high-resolution monitor? That can cause a similar appearance problem on Windows.

If so, go to the OSCAR Troubleshooting Wiki and see the section on "OSCAR Graphics Problems."

Let us know if this is a better solution to your problem.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question:
 Sometimes but not always on my charts (Event Flags) there are sdaded areas. What do the shaded areas mean?

1 more question:
 Can the software actually tell when I fall asleep? For example when I wake up I usually try to go back to sleep. My data counts apena and leaks until the I turn off the machine (maybe an hour later). I don't see how I can have an accurate AHI unless the software can tell my actual sleep hours. Any help with my understanding of this iwould be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
The shaded area usually indicates a large leak (LL).  This can be any flow over 24 L/min.  This indicates your mask isn't fitted properly. Most CPAPs are unable to supply proper therapy pressure while this occurs. Also, this interferes with recording all parameters.

As far as the machine being able to tell when you are asleep, it can only guess.  Your breathing pattern smooths out to a rythmatic pattern when you are asleep.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
S L Ping Beauty - Have you found a better fix than changing your computers display resolution every time you use Oscar? I'm a new CPAP and Oscar user and had the exact same Oscar display issues that you posted about. As you did, I've resized the rows to make the data legible. But unless I knock the computer resolution way down, the Y-axiz titles still obscure the Y-axis values. And the Statistics page is all but unreadable. 

I'm using a Dell XPS 15" running Windows 11. Screen resolution is set at the recommended 3840 x 2160 and scale is at the recommended 250%.
Post Reply Post Reply
***Never mind - I didn't see GuyScharf's post #11  Oh-jeez. That solve it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Ability exist to flag a chart? Plmnb 3 156 03-31-2024, 04:33 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Dell XPS-13 Laptop & OSCAR Display Resolution 44tonner 2 211 03-04-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: 44tonner
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,660 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Chart Organization in Oscar 1.5 theMezz 5 640 09-05-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: theMezz
  Show RERA in Events Chart GeorgePa 3 824 06-09-2023, 05:41 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question STARTING OVER: CHART ISSUE/QUESTION Plmnb 4 568 03-24-2023, 06:50 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
Question (Feature Request) Moving average for OSCAR Minute Vent chart? YouTakeMyBreathAway 1 669 10-13-2022, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.