Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR chart resolution is wonky
OSCAR chart resolution is wonky
I have never had good luck with this newfangled program.  I am trying to download the software so as to upload some data here for feedback.

I am not able to obtain legible wording for stuff and it seems as if the charts run off the page.  Usually keystroke "Ctrl" plus "-" will scale the page, but it does not do it with this program page. What do I need to do?

See below for what I am seeing:--

This is mine- all jacked up with the illegible text

.pdf   Document2.pdf (Size: 262.24 KB / Downloads: 1)
.pdf   Document2.pdf (Size: 262.24 KB / Downloads: 1)        
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR chart resolution is wonky
See your other thread here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...CAR-images
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have gone through the steps of snipping, saving and uploading but it still shows up as illegible text as seen in new image belwo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your graph heights look pretty small (vertically).  You can either drag each one to resize it. or go into Preferences > Appearance > Graph Height and change the height globally.  I have mine set to 100.  You can also change the font size for the graphs in the same settings window.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK.... I am strting to see some daylight. I was able to resize the font and I can see how draging vertically can add more space to the graph. I will go back to read Opal Rose's link whick indicated what data needs to be posted and I think I can try to refine ot.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK... I am navigating around, but where in the settings or preferences is there the options to turn off the charts that I do not want to show?

I want to show:
  • Event Flags
  • Flow Rate
  • Pressure
  • Leak Rate
  • Flow Limit (Resmed only. Respironics includes Flow Limitation in Events)
  • Snore
how do I turn of the others (or it is a matter of dragging the charts around?)  That seems too complicated when I would think there is a setting tab with toggles.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have the charts set in the preferred order (the wiki link Opal Rose posted) you shouldn't need to turn any of them off.

But if you still feel the need to....
From the daily screen look down at the bottom right of the main window.  You should see a drop down list that says "Graphs" 
You can untick whichever graphs you don't want to show on the screen.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHA! I see the graphs pull-down in the lower right. Kind of obscure location, but that is what I wanted because even with resetting the font, I cannot legibly read all the charts. I am working on a laptop but even with 17" screen it is all too small... might try my docking station with 24" monitors.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your laptop might have a high resolution screen which can sometimes make text look a little wonky,  I use a 13" laptop with standard resolution and I have never had issues with the font size.  Never hurts to experiment....
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dell XPS-13 Laptop & OSCAR Display Resolution 44tonner 2 163 03-04-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: 44tonner
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,597 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Chart Organization in Oscar 1.5 theMezz 5 596 09-05-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: theMezz
  Show RERA in Events Chart GeorgePa 3 773 06-09-2023, 05:41 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question STARTING OVER: CHART ISSUE/QUESTION Plmnb 4 526 03-24-2023, 06:50 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
Question (Feature Request) Moving average for OSCAR Minute Vent chart? YouTakeMyBreathAway 1 637 10-13-2022, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New CPAP User Chart Review jrwillis177 0 422 09-08-2022, 06:54 PM
Last Post: jrwillis177

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.