Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR crashes when deleting daily data
OSCAR crashes when deleting daily data
I am running Windows 7 Pro with OSCAR 1.0.1-r-1

I imported data to wrong profile.
In that profile I go to Daily view, select the date I want to delete, in this case 12 May 2020.

Then Data > Advanced > Purge Current Selected day.

Error Message:
"OpenSource CPAP Analysis Reporter has stopped working.
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".

Close Program.

Open program again, and indeed the 12 May data is gone.

But I want to delete 2 months of data I incorrectly imported.

How can I delete data from 3 March to now without doing this manually like this?

Can I go the profile and manually delete the various ***.crc and other files from that profile?

Any help would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR crashes when deleting daily data
I remember that SleepyHead crashed when I removed current day data. But not Oscar. I use Kubuntu Linux. So, I think that there can be a bug in Oscar code, because it occurs with different operating systems. Maybe Oscar 1.0.1 or 1.0.0 crashed too. I don't exactly remember. Not anymore with Oscar 1.1.0.

I suggest you to update Oscar to version 1.1.0. Soon is version 1.1.1 ready.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2020, 11:27 PM)SevereApnea Wrote: But I want to delete 2 months of data I incorrectly imported.

How can I delete data from 3 March to now without doing this manually like this?

I can confirm that Oscar crashes when you delete the most recent day.  However, if you delete a day that is not the last day in the database, the deletion appears to function normally.  That's still a nuisance to delete 2 months of data but at least you can avoid the crash by starting your deletions with 3 March and moving forward.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2020, 08:36 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: I can confirm that Oscar crashes when you delete the most recent day.

Under what circumstances? I just tried to reproduce that, but it didn't crash.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2020, 10:12 AM)sawinglogz Wrote:
(05-14-2020, 08:36 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: I can confirm that Oscar crashes when you delete the most recent day.

Under what circumstances? I just tried to reproduce that, but it didn't crash.

Latest development build with Windows 64-bit.  It crashed during a repaint operation; the call stack was 129 deep from WinMain.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
What data or profile did you have open? Does it happen with every profile? Both PRS1 and Resmed?
Post Reply Post Reply
Ugh. This failure may be somewhat intermittent. I'll send you a PM with a link to the data I used (it was ResMed). I've tried to reproduce with other profiles and not been successful.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2020, 01:52 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Ugh.  This failure may be somewhat intermittent.  I'll send you a PM with a link to the data I used (it was ResMed).  I've tried to reproduce with other profiles and not been successful.

Sorry to say, but the problem still exists, and is probably still intermittent: OSCAR crashed when I tried to delete the last day in the database immediately after I had imported several days.

I wasn't running the debugger, so don't have anything to add.  Problem was probably the same as the previous crash that I did catch.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 76 11 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 87 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 59 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 221 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 97 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.