Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR crashing on change to or from OVERVIEW tab [solved - see posts 2&3]
OSCAR crashing on change to or from OVERVIEW tab [solved - see posts 2&3]
I love OSCAR but have a recurring problem – same thing in OSCAR versions 1.2, 1.31 and 1.4, which suggests to me that it might be a setting in my system, not something in the software. I don’t typically have graphics problems, including with charts in OSCAR. It’s strictly something that happens as described in the next paragraph, but it’s consistent, 100% of the time.

I can navigate among tabs any number of times unless I choose the OVERVIEW tab, which causes the program to crash with the following problem details (Greek to me, but maybe helpful to you - part of the crash report - I assume you don't need the Microsoft Privacy Statement links):

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:                        APPCRASH
  Application Name:                             OSCAR.exe
  Application Version:                           1.4.0.0
  Application Timestamp:                     62aa0b75
  Fault Module Name:                          ig7icd64.dll
  Fault Module Version:                        10.18.10.3345
  Fault Module Timestamp:                  526edf4d
  Exception Code:                                  c0000005
  Exception Offset:                                0000000000203352
  OS Version:                                          6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.103
  Locale ID:                                             1033
  Additional Information 1:                  ccad
  Additional Information 2:                  ccaddbce04adda611dc81001eb1abd36
  Additional Information 3:                  7cae
  Additional Information 4:                  7cae5398b196c583070e5be7e9ab4c16

System Summary
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz 49 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard: TOSHIBA Portable PC (U3E1) 50 °C
Graphics: Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@59Hz)
SE2717H/HX (1920x1080@59Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Toshiba)

I can restart OSCAR  without any problems, and if I move from the Welcome tab to Overview, I can work within that one tab, and I can return to the Welcome tab, but OSCAR crashes as soon as I move to any other tab. It also crashes instantly when I move from any other tab to Overview (i.e., after importing data, navigating within Daily View, reviewing the Statistics tab).

This is mostly a nuisance, not a crisis. But if I can adjust a setting or three, and be able to move between all the tabs, it would be great.

(As an aside: I have neither plans nor budget for switching to Windows 10 or 11 as a possible remedy. My doctor is unable to extract data from my ResMed SD card, so I create PDF's to report my data for him. I'm still working on my reporting technique, and look forward to The Guide tackling such issues as configuring reporting tools!)

Thanks!
Bruce
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR crashing on change to or from OVERVIEW tab
So it is the graphics driver that is crashing. You might see if you can update your machine's graphics driver.

If that doesn't work, in OSCAR open File / Preferences and then the General tab. Is the "Graphics Engine" set to "Desktop / OpenGL"? Try setting it instead to ANGLE or Software Engine and see if that fixes the problem.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try switching Graphic Engines.   Hold down the <SHIFT> key while starting OSCAR.  This will toggle between the default engine of OpenGL to the Software Engine option.    You can also access this option in the File ⇾ Preferences ⇾ General ⇾ Graphics Engine (Requires Restart) option.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2022, 07:12 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Try switching Graphic Engines.   Hold down the <SHIFT> key while starting OSCAR.  This will toggle between the default engine of OpenGL to the Software Engine option.    You can also access this option in the File ⇾ Preferences ⇾ General ⇾ Graphics Engine (Requires Restart) option.

- Red

Wow! That was easy!!! Problem Solved! Thank you so very much like 

What's the appropriate way to note the solution in my post?

Bruce
Post Reply Post Reply
Read the posts below it. . . Cool
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 754 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche
  Adding charts to Overview? bstabens 1 412 11-24-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR crashing during import for resvent ibreeze bubbagump 17 1,692 10-24-2023, 07:53 PM
Last Post: bubbagump
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,493 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
Question Change Statistics view default to Monthly instead of Standard? retro 4 564 10-06-2023, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 733 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,598 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.