Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR data - CA and overall help
RE: OSCAR data - CA and overall help
Want to get a look at the results prior to your doctor's appt.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2021, 07:32 PM)Gideon Wrote: Want to get a look at the results prior to your doctor's appt.

Sorry what results do you mean?  From the EPR 1 and no ramp testing?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, to possibly help your discussion with your doc along
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night's data, with no ramp, and EPR set to 1 for "Full Time"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Sadly I make the newbie mistake and didn't put my SD Card back in after the Friday night data, but I was able to get it back in for Sunday night, here is the second set of data from no ramp and EPR set to 1 full time.

Post Reply Post Reply
oh, don't worry, you'll forget to put the card back once in a while even when you're well past the newbie stage. I'm more than 4 years at this now and still I failed to return the card to the pap machine for last night. :-) it happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
Success!

My new sleep doc has started the process on getting me a new sleep study, with titration on an ASV! Going to try and ween off the Ambien as well, we'll see how that goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, had my new titration study with split CPAP and ASV time.  Not really sure where to go from here (I have my follow up with the Dr next week), but the results look like both the CPAP and ASV had 0 events across the board.

I'm clipping some of the results and attaching them here, let me know if I missed anything more important from the results.

+3 images

Post Reply Post Reply
well that confuses things compared to your oscar charts. assuming both titration machines successfully treated out your apnea, according to the report your remaining issue is way too many arousals & awakenings. good luck getting help for that from your providers. some are caused by rera / flow limitations that you may be able use epr to help but risk increasing ca. fixed cpap pressure may avoid ca.

the majority of your arousals are 'spontaneous', meaning unknown cause, but something is rousing you. figuring out what may serve you well. improving sleep hygiene & cognitive behavioral therapy are the usual recommendations besides your own systematic observations & experiments.

it's not surprising no ca showed up with asv but a little surprising not to see them with cpap, given your earlier oscar charts (although we know that ca is inconsistent). if not done already, it might be useful to take a close look at your ca to determine character, whether 'real' or not & to see if some kind of trigger can be identified.

you might get lucky and land the asv. if not, you're back to finding the sweet spot between obstructive issues & ca with apap. I have mixed apnea & I've been able to manage my ca with both asv and vauto (using vauto v. high trigger setting) so vauto might be lower cost option if you go rogue & self fund.

again, arousals are the current problem and it's quite possible many of them are unrelated to sleep disordered breathing & pap, in which case more expensive pap machines may not be the answer.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 399 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 929 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.