Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR data, Dreamstation vs AirSense 10 compare
OSCAR data, Dreamstation vs AirSense 10 compare
Howdy.  I've been on CPAP for 11 years (original Rx was for a static pressure of 13).   Ten years ago, I asked my MD for a CPAP script to escape the horrible medical supply company I was assigned to w/o choice.   I've been on my own for 10 years (in a void, my current MD and Insurance aren't aware I'm on CPAP).     Last night was my first night on an AirSense 10, after being on Dreamstations for around 5 years.   The CPAP dealer I uploaded the CPAP script to still insists the prescription is a "lifetime prescription".

I had never used OSCAR until a couple of weeks ago, where I really wasn't paying attention before the foam recall.   I was just curious if anyone sees anything I should be worried about (etc).    The images are the previous night on a Dreamstation, and last night which was my first night on an AirSense 10.   On both nights, I was sleeping with a Mirage II Nasal Pillow and my mouth taped.  

The OSCAR differences are interesting, where the Dreamstation is reporting different events and a higher AHI.  I'm trying to wrap my head around that.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR data, Dreamstation vs AirSense 10 compare
Interesting improvement, side by side. Right off the bat, you were running FLEX on the DS1 but no EPR on the AS10. Seems that was a good thing. I'll let the experts come and offer more insight on next steps, but like me, it appears the AS10 is doing a much better job for you.

The statement that CPAP RX never needs to be adjusted is a typical moronic remark you will run into with some of these guys.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is the difference in the treatment of your apnea with the 2 machines and it is what happens to most people when they switch.  The Resmed acts more quickly to stop the apnea.  What does drive the higher pressure are the Flow Limits on the Resmed.   Flow limits are apnea just like obstructive and Hypopnea events.  

We use EPR to help with flow limits and you don't seem to be using it.  So for tonight I would suggest you set your EPR to 3.  I would also move my min down to 10.  That should make your sleeping better and more comfortable.  We may need to move the min back up but I would suggest we try it a little lower for a day.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
In OSCAR, ResMed and Respironics report various things in different forms. I think one example is flow limits. ResMed has it as a chart, Respironics as a left panel stat. It's just different ways to report the info.

Other differences between the machines are more important. Respironics are slower to respond to events for most, and Flex can't compete with ResMed's EPR. EPR is operating on known values of relief at cmH2O, same value type as therapy pressures. EPR also makes the AutoSet a limited to up to 3 PS BPAP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  I'm going to do some more reading and thinking tonight before bed.   I can't remember the details of what I read (or where) that lead me to turning off EPR when I first setup the machine.  I'll take a close look back at that.

So far, I feel a bit better today.   Sometimes I feel great during the day and get sleepy in the evening though.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR sometimes increases the centrals because with it you have LESS CO2 which drives centrals. If your centrals go up we can cut back until you get use hot the mew settings and then increase.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 22 55 minutes ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 103 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 64 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 400 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.