Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I wanna cry
RE: I wanna cry
https://www.resmed.com/en-us/sleep-apnea...s-snoring/

ResMed's info on snoring.  Video and other things.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2020, 06:25 PM)Soisnore Wrote: I really had the best night of sleep since therapy began.  I felt I slept hard, didn't fuss about my position and mask and well just slept! 

It really is amazing how the human body can adapt. All you have to do is give it a chance.

Don't be surprised if you have a set back, just keep using your machine whenever you sleep and you will make progress and continue to have better and better nights as the weeks go by. Soon you'll wonder how you were ever able to function without it.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I'm back from my girls trip and then a trip to see my daughter.  I am back to feeling pretty normal!  I'm not feeling any better or worse (thank goodness) than where I was before I started therapy.  I guess I thought at some point I would feel better (not need as much sleep) but maybe I am just not there yet.  Really hasn't been that long and I still am so very thankful that I received the earlier suggestions to up the minimum from 4 to 6 (and turn ramp off) because it was the only thing that kept me going.  Thought I'd post a few Oscar results and see if there is any need to do any tweaking or just leave it to continue to settle in.  Thanks in advance for taking a look!

Post Reply Post Reply
Your AHI is nice and low, you're getting about 8 hours of sleep, and you have your leaks under control. I predict that you'll start feeling better soon. Especially because you are now back home. Travelling can be stressful and tiring, even when we're having fun doing it!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My only thought are your flow limitations. They look pretty consistent throughout the night.

You can keep going along and see how it goes. Generally increased pressure is what is recommended.

When you were at 6.4 you experienced some burping, but as you continue to get used to CPAP that might go away. You can raise the minimum pressure a bit and see how you feel.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like you have balanced your therapy with your own needs and it is working great! You are fortunately able to control any sleep disturbed breathing to a very effective degree with low pressure. Feeling good about our sleep and health is a more complex equation than focusing on a problem and fixing it, but you seem to be on your way. Certainly the problems you arrived with on the forum have resolved, and your determination to improve your sleep and your life will pay off.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see anything in the numbers I would address. Congrats in that it's seeming to progress already. I would see how things go, see if anything trends good or bad, hopefully all good though. I'd focus on the "How do you feel?" aspect of therapy now. I'd think that is the target item, increasing feeling better for therapy.

A great weekend to ya Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Surprised just wanna brag jeepersheart 9 3,173 10-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Last Post: DOOM_NX

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.