Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR data review - Low AHI Still tired
RE: OSCAR data review - Low AHI Still tired
(08-23-2019, 06:54 PM)mesenteria Wrote: I see, prima facie, that your flow limitations are highly co-incident with leakages that were recorded and with snoring.  There may be no correlation at all, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Even though i dont really understand what you're saying, does showing you a few nights more worth of data help?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RERAs are a series of Flow Limitations that end in Arousal.  Flow Limitations in and of themselves frequently are not an issue,  Yours were combined with snores and should be at least somewhat lowered.  BUT if you are not feeling a difference with the changes, don't chase numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2019, 07:12 PM)bonjour Wrote: RERAs are a series of Flow Limitations that end in Arousal.  Flow Limitations in and of themselves frequently are not an issue,  Yours were combined with snores and should be at least somewhat lowered.  BUT if you are not feeling a difference with the changes, don't chase numbers.

Understood, i'm not in a rush to get magic results and dont feel the need to go crazy with the settings, would you just suggest increasing my pressure by 1 and seeing how i feel over changing the EPR? So my flow limitations didnt end in arousal is that what the data suggests? Or do you think the flow limitation could be contributing to my daytime fatigue?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be. It's worth trying, and I wouldn't decrease the EPR.
Keep in mind that the EPAP pressure is the important airway splinting pressure when using ResMed with EPR, just as it is with a BiLevel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Understood, ill raise the pressure by 1 and take it from there, ill reply back to this thread in a couple of days with the data.

I dont understand what you just said about EPAP pressure though.

Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's the "low" pressure that splints the airway, and that is the purpose of a CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh i see now so its actually the EPAP pressure that keeps the airway open, hence the flow limitation being related to the EPAP pressure needing to be higher, which we are doing by raising the overall pressure.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow Limitation is actually treated by the IPAP the higher pressure, on a BiLevel I would have you increase PS to increase IPAP and maintain a lower overall pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
So the only way to increase the IPAP on my machine is to increase the overall pressure hence why were doing it, but if i had a BiLevel i could do it some other way is what i think you're saying.

So why we're we talking about the EPAP earlier? Is flow limitation not linked to the airway splinting pressure as i thought flow limitation causes the airway to narrow, hence needing a higher splinting pressure to avoid this?
Post Reply Post Reply
BiLevel titration protocol calls for increasing Pressure Support, the difference between EPAP and IPAP for Flow Limitation. So Flow Limitation is not hard linked to EPAP the basic Airway splinting pressure.
With CPAP without EPR your only choice is to increase Pressure. That single pressure is both EPAP and IPAP.
Your Elite CPAP machine when EPR is enabled actually acts like a BiLevel, up to 3cmw of PS. You just have to pay attention to what pressures do.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 223 3 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Still tired and CA events liebano 1 39 6 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 66 Yesterday, 01:25 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 54 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 180 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 69 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.