Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR data suggestions
RE: OSCAR data suggestions
Since you are using an AS11 Autoset, I recommend that you use the "Standard" graph display. The "Advanced" view is for more advanced CPAPs, like Bi-Level, ASV, or ST models.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2022, 10:49 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Since you are using an AS11 Autoset, I recommend that you use the "Standard" graph display.  The "Advanced" view is for more advanced CPAPs, like Bi-Level, ASV, or ST models.

Thanks for the tip.  I move the graphs around sometimes based on what I think might be relevant.  I'll stick to Standard going forward.  Here's last night in that view.

Post Reply Post Reply
I used mouth tape last night hoping to help with the leaks, which I assumed were coming from my mouth.  I taped vertically across my mouth with 3M Transpore and that worked fine.  But my leaks were no better, maybe even worse.  And my apneas were worse as well.  Any input on these graphs?  I'm considering trying another mask and I can get one for free.  I'm debating between the F20 and P30i I think but am open to suggestions.

Post Reply Post Reply
My leaks seem like they are getting worse.  I've used mouth tape the last two nights and it doesn't seem to affect it so maybe it's not mouth breathing.  Is there anything I can do to help this?  Would a nasal pillows mask like the P30i be better?

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I skipped the mouth tape and still had a similar leak pattern.  So I don't really know what's going on.  My AHI is 1.4.  But more importantly I'm not feeling rested at all.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm obviously not one of the mods or more experienced people here (maybe the mods can tell from the graphs whether they are mask leaks vs mouth leaks) so hope you don't mind me asking... You said you tape your mouth vertically. Have you tried taping your entire mouth horizontally? At least a half inch past each corner.
Post Reply Post Reply
PurpleOx - Moderators are nothing special. We are just regular members that can clean up after others. Big Grin Please don't confuse a member's level with any special or extended knowledge or expertise. There are many very knowledgeable members in all levels.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2022, 02:36 PM)PurpleOx Wrote: I'm obviously not one of the mods or more experienced people here (maybe the mods can tell from the graphs whether they are mask leaks vs mouth leaks) so hope you don't mind me asking... You said you tape your mouth vertically. Have you tried taping your entire mouth horizontally? At least a half inch past each corner.

No, I considered trying that next.  Last night with no tape the leaks looked the same.  Maybe tonight I'll try that to rule out or confirm the mouth leak issue.  

In my mind I was targeting an AHI under 1 and it feels like I should be able to do something to further decrease my number since I'm showing a fair number of OAs.  But maybe that's not realistic.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been taping my mouth horizontally and that seems to be better.  I'm still getting leaks up to 20 L/min for periods up to 30 minutes, but maybe that's normal.

I'd like some input on my apneas.  Two nights ago my AHI was great at 0.64.  Last night is was 1.8 but they were all CAs aside from one hypopnea.  I've attached a sample of a CA that looks similar to the others.  Does this look normal?  Anything I should change?

Post Reply Post Reply
I've had a hard time getting feedback so I got a P30i to try.  It really hurt in my nostrils and kept me up a lot of the night but I think it will be great when I get used to it.  I turned the ramp back on because it was uncomfortable and lowered the pressure for the first night compared to my N20.  But anything else I should change or just get used to it?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any insight on this data from OSCAR? jake79 2 117 10 hours ago
Last Post: jake79
  ASV Settings -- looking for suggestions croc297 4 132 04-21-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Giving up Evora, need suggestions PaulaO2 12 288 04-20-2024, 02:13 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 138 04-19-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: rygonzo93
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,376 04-18-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 300 04-18-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 215 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.