Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR data suggestions
RE: OSCAR data suggestions
Sleep onset centrals are not unusual, and it has not showed up in your data previously. It will pass and there is not much we can really do with it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm getting more comfortable with the CPAP but my AHI went up last night to 2.43.  My number of CAs also increased significantly.  But the biggest indicator is that I didn't feel very rested in the morning and had a hard time getting out of bed.  I've read the OSCAR documentation but is there anywhere that has a deeper description of how to analyze the different graphs and determine what they mean and what can be done about them?  I'd like to educate myself on what to do instead of just relying on the input of people here (which I'm extremely grateful for).  Which graphs are the most useful for my situation?  What indications do they show about things I can do to get better sleep?  Things like that.  I did use a hanger for the first time last night and I will say it helped make things feel more natural without the weight of the hose pulling on my mask.

Post Reply Post Reply
You have had a history of sleep onset and arousal related CA events, and this is no different. The closeup of the central at 03:41 was also during an arousal and might be called sleep-wake-junk. We can consider changes, but not on the data from one poor night. let's see what trends evolve, and if centrals or arousals become a problem we can look at narrowing the pressure range and EPR.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  Last night was better.  AHI was 1.30.  It seems that my OAs come when the EPAP is under 7.  Should I consider raising the minimum CPAP to 10 so the EPAP will be 7 to start with?  It also seems like CAs can start with treatment and may get better over time.  So it seems like my best bet there is to wait it out.

I have an opportunity from my supplier to get a free Resmed nasal pillows mask to try instead of my N20.  Would that be worth a shot?  I could also get a full face mask instead of the nasal pillows.  I'm having trouble keeping the air from leaking out around the N20 and it does wake me up sometimes from the sound or feeling of air and I have to try to fix it before I can fall back asleep.

I've attached last night's full data and a closeup of an OA.

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night my AHI went back up and before I checked that I felt like I didn't sleep as well.  The data shows a lot more OAs.  I'm also fighting my mask leaking during the night and it wakes me up to adjust it.  I swear the mask feels less comfortable now than it did the first night or two.  I loosed all the straps and only tightened them enough to get it to not leak.  Out of 11 OAs, 10 of them occurred when the the EPAP was 7 or lower so I wonder if I shouldn't raise my minimum pressure to 10 or so for the CPAP side with the EPR at 3.  Thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I tried 10-20 for the pressure settings.  I woke up feeling much more rested and slept a lot less than normal.  AHI was 2.16.  Mask pressure was ramping up when I was awake and deciding whether to get up.  Not sure what that's about.

Post Reply Post Reply
If your supplier has an F30, see what you think of that hybrid approach.
A few CA's when your new to this is normal, and should go away.
Your numbers are fairly good. Chasing a "0" is not required, AHI <5 should keep you in happy sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your observation that obstructive events seem more frequent when EPAP pressure is below 7.0 and seems accurate, and you correctly concluded that it might help to raise pressure. I think the higher pressure will help, and if you are comfortable with 10/7 pressure then that is a good minimum. I would not be concerned about the increase in pressure just before you arise. That is a normal pressure response to increased flow limitation and may be the position you were in just before getting up.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was good.  Only 1 OA and AHI was 1.05.  I'm still new and I've been changing pressure settings so I assume I should give it a few weeks to see if the CAs come down.  My sleep does feel better.

Does my leak rate indicate significant mouth breathing?  My fiancé says she can hear the air coming out of my mouth when she wakes up sometimes.  I have the ability to get a free mask from my supplier within 30 days so I'm interested in trying the F30 or F20 like suggested if the data seems like that might help.

Post Reply Post Reply
I was under 1 for the AHI 2 nights ago and 1.8 last night.  I am waking up several times during the night.  Does my data indicate a significant mouth leak?  I ordered some 3M Transpore tape that will be here today.

I'm also really considering trying the P30i.  I wake up a lot when I move and the air starts leaking around the N20.  I can move my face so it stops, but it's waking me up and disturbing my sleep.  The mask hanger has helped but it still seems to be a bit of an issue.  Any thoughts?

Also, who can I talk to about contributing to the operating expenses of the board?  This place has been a huge help and I would like to give back a little.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 12 40 minutes ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 103 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 64 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 400 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.