Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR for Linux can't import data
OSCAR for Linux can't import data
I am using a ACER CB5-312T Chromebook, M8173C processor. I have downloaded OSCAR for arm64. The installation crashed on the linux pack tracer libdouble-conversion1. I turned out to be for amd64. The OSCAR version for arm64 installing-file is trying to use a package for amd64. So, after some time searching, I found libdouble-conversion1 for arm64. After installing de libdouble-conversion1 for arm64 the installation went fine: OSCAR started and I could setup a profile. But, it was not possible to read the data from my SD-card, whatever I tried to do. The SD-card is visible in ChromeOS and connected to Linux beta, but OSCAR can read the data, but importing the data is not possible. The SD-card is not visible in the Linux terminal. Who can help me?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR for Linux can't import data
I had the same issue on a Dell Chromebook. OSCAR installed under Linux but could not access the SD card.  I installed OSCAR on a Surface Pro and have not spent any time on the Chromebook. I was using a USB SD card adapter by Ugreen that works fine on my Windows machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
First off, we will look into the build process for the ARM Chromebooks; I believe it was built in a virtual box, and that may have caused some problems.

Your SD car should show up in the Linux terminal if you do "ls /mnt/chromeos/removable"

Next, check how much space is available for Linux files:
In Chromebook Settings, click Advanced, Developers, Linux development environment - what is your Disk Size ? Mine is * GB
Then , in terminal, see how much free space is available:
If OSCAR_Data is in Documents (the default), do "df /"

I found OSCAR ran out of space if I tried to import my many years of data. I changed the Preference item "Do not import before..." to only import the last four or six months of data.

I hope this helps - please report back here what works or doesn't. We don't have a lot of Chromebook users, so every bit helps.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2022, 01:05 PM)pholynyk Wrote: I believe it was built in a virtual box, and that may have caused some problems.

If it is the one I have built. It was built with a raspberry pi 3B+ with a Debian 10.11.
Normally, the build is tagged as arm64 and supposed to be compatible with the Chromebook.

the other pi (pi 4) is with Raspbian 10 (buster). It is used to build the RasPiOS_armhf deb file.

If It is not good, I have no Chromebook to build the deb file.

The virtual Machines are used to build the Ubuntus & Debian amd64 deb files.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
Ahh... Thanks for the correction, Untouseul05. Now I have no idea how an amd64 binary could have snuck into an arm64 build.

I'll do a build on my RasPi running Debian 10 to compare with the download site version.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Thanks for your contribution. I managed to access the SD-card and import the data. The SD-card seems to be the culprit. I got a new SD-card from my bipap-supplier. She visited me yesterday and gave me a new one, after a nightly O2/CO2-test session. I'm very pleased I succeeded. The commands in the terminal indicated that the SD-card was connected in Linux. 
Remains the question why libdouble-conversion1 didn't install OSCAR. My guess is that the file had to be for an arm64 processor, and not for an amd64.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
libdouble-conversion1 has been superseded by libdouble-conversion2. After searching for a version 1 download, I found that it was easier to create a symlink to version 2, naming it "libdouble-conversion1". All is now well.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just started working with Linux. I used to have MS-DOS machines since 1981, so I have worked with personal computers for 40 years. Nowadays I still have a Windows 10 laptop, an ACER Chromebook, an iPhone and an old iPad. They all work fine. I was curious to install OSCAR on my Chromebook. So I developped an interest in Linux.
Post Reply Post Reply
Careful : libdouble-conversionx is the depends of OSCAR.
On my Ubuntu 20.04 (amd64), it's libdouble-conversion3 not libdouble-conversion1.
So, the script shell which build the deb files try to guess the version number and put the right depends.
If it doesn't work on your computer : tell us the OS & version of the OS.
lsb_release -cdir on Ubuntu OS. On many OS, it's a file with version in the name in /etc folder.
then
ldd OSCAR/build/oscar/OSCAR | grep conversion
sudo find / -name "libdouble-conversion*" 2>/dev/null

Like this, we can see if there is a issue on the guess.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2022, 01:47 PM)untoutseul05 Wrote: the OSCAR installation file crashed and gave the error libdouble-conversion1 did’nt install. So I looked for an arm64-version. Tomorrow I’ll look into the matter.

Careful : libdouble-conversionx is the depends of OSCAR.
On my Ubuntu 20.04 (amd64), it's libdouble-conversion3 not libdouble-conversion1.
So, the script shell which build the deb files try to guess the version number and put the right depends.
If it doesn't work on your computer : tell us the OS & version of the OS.
lsb_release -cdir on Ubuntu OS. On many OS, it's a file with version in the name in /etc folder.
then
ldd OSCAR/build/oscar/OSCAR | grep conversion
sudo find / -name "libdouble-conversion*" 2>/dev/null

Like this, we can see if there is a issue on the guess.

Sorry, I’m not So familiair with forums, So I Made a mistake answering your post.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 68 2 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 806 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 136 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 86 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 48 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 57 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 216 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.