Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR for MAC etc
OSCAR for MAC etc
Hi
I just updated from SleepyHead to OSCAR. (A supporting fan of Mark Watkins/Jedimark) 
It's been a lonnng time away from the board and even longer time as a CPAP user: since Dec 1995 - the best date in my life since I started to live life at its fullest instead of being a sleep-depravation-fogged zombie. I don't need any encouragement to use my CPAP. And now with these smaller machines have even used it on planes, during medical procedures, etc.
I've been getting by with the Philips Dream phone app for analysis but those that use it know you always feel at the mercy of Philips. (server outages)

I read the preliminary OSCAR suggestions, like formatting the screen but the function keys on the manual do not translate well to MACs. Example F10 is used by the MacOS to mute/unmute speakers, F12 is volume Up etc. 
I figured out how to get rid of the right panel by UN-selecting it under "View"/"Right panel", the same for calendar "View/Calendar" and I can generate screenshots anytime just by doing Mac screenshot (Cmd-Sht-3):
However. I can't suppress the pie chart (is NOT an option under view) and right click doesn't have any options either.
Questions:
- Is there a Mac section/manual etc? (fine if there isn't)
- does OSCAR support TWO machines - I have another machine I use semi-regularly (second home & travel) So to get a complete picture of my sleep I need to merge both readings
- Is there a quick way to come up to speed with the terms (AHI, etc) as used in OSCAR? If I power through the manual will it define those terms or I should get that first from elsewhere? I would get more from OSCAR knowing more of the terms.
Stay safe! 
Thx
JN
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR for MAC etc
G'day SalmonBone. Welcome back to Apnea Board.

SalmonBone Wrote:However. I can't suppress the pie chart (is NOT an option under view) and right click doesn't have any options either.

To turn the pie chart on/off you need to go through the menus: File | Preferences | Appearance | Show event breakdown pie chart. This rather clumsy procedure was inherited from SleepyHead and will be changed to a simple menu item in the upcoming new release.

Quote:- Is there a Mac section/manual etc? (fine if there isn't)

Apart from the installation instructions, there is no Mac or Unix specific content.

Quote: does OSCAR support TWO machines

Yes and no... It is recommended to have a separate profile for each machine, especially if they are different makes and models, such as Resmed v Respironics. However many users have reported running several machines in the same profile with no apparent problems. You can experiment with this - create a new profile, import the data from one machine, then from the other. If all goes Well, Oscar will accept both lots of data and display them correctly.

Quote:Is there a quick way to come up to speed with the terms (AHI, etc) as used in OSCAR?

See this page in our wiki: https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...efinitions You can also access this page from within Oscar. Select Help | Sleep Disorder Terms Glossary.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR for MAC etc
SalmonBone, welcome back!

There are a couple of minor idiosyncrasies between the Mac and Windows versions, but the general help wiki is fine.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...lcome_Page

For Mac, the preferences are under OSCAR > Preferences
And the window tabs for "Profile|Welcome|Daily|Overview|Statistics" are in the center of the window on a Mac.  For Windows they are on the left side.
Other than that, whatever is in the help file or the wiki will work for either OS.

The current Beta version has the Mac-centric stuff working fine now.  It's due out soon.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.