Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR frozen after O2Ring data update
RE: OSCAR frozen after O2Ring data update
Greetings,
This morning I imported my last night's ResMed ASV data from its SD card and then imported the O2 Ring data for the period of time corresponding to the ASV time. Magically, Oscar opened to the Welcome page and I was able to see my graphical data. I browsed through the last week's data with no issue. I then entered a note for last night and then tried to add a bookmark. At that point Oscar crashed and I have not been able to successfully open Oscar again. Oscar stops at the same Profile page with the same result of not being able to proceed with viewing.
Thoughts?
Don
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried starting OSCAR using the <SHIFT> key, as described in post #7 in this thread?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings,
Yes, I did then and I tried it again with not change. I also tried running Oscar as Administrator with no change.
Don
Post Reply Post Reply
The only other thing I can think of, is maybe the install file you downloaded was corrupted during download. You might try downloading it again from the link in the black ribbon banner at the top of every page here, and reinstall it. The worst thing that could happen is you are at the same spot afterwards.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings,
Nope, same problem.
Is it possible to get download a copy of the previous version to see if it runs. If it does, that would point to some issue that my computer has the the latest version.
Thanks,
Don
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are up to trying this, you will need to create a new Windows user account.  Login to the new account and start OSCAR.  It will probably ask to create a new data file.  Choose "Yes" and allow it to do an installation for the new user.  Now, try importing your CPAP data then your oximeter data.

The above idea is based off of problems with ResScan.   For some reason, Windows doesn't allow an existing account to access certain programs, but will allow them if a new user is created.   This is one of those, "Go figure" moments.

Two things I forgot to ask. What is the O2Ring file's name and have you, or are you able, to purge the oximeter data?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings,

OK, earlier this evening I created a new user on my Window 10 laptop, downloaded and installed Oscar, added my ASV data and O2 Ring data and everything worked perfect. I quit and opened Oscar several times with not issues.

So, what is the next step to get Oscar working again on my real user account in which all of my other applications and files exist? Looking forward to getting this problem resolved.

Thanks,
Don
Post Reply Post Reply
At this point, the only thing I would try is to log back in to your default account and try running OSCAR. If it barfs again, then it has to be something in the system's settings. I have tried searching for a possible fix, but haven't found any definitive resolution. Microsoft has published a program repair routine that I came across. If you are running any anti-malware/antivirus software, make sure that OSCAR is exempted from its oversight. A security setting may be preventing OSCAR access to remote/removable devices.

Read through the link below. It is titled, "Windows 10 Pro will not allow me to access my USB drives - 'Access Denied'". Even though its title doesn't seem to fit, the underlying idea, aka: access to a removable device, may be what is occurring.

Link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/For...rosecurity

Another thought came to mind. If you aren't making a backup of your SD card on your PC, try creating a dedicated directory off the C:\ drive and back it up. This is good practice even without your problem. SD cards can go bad in a heartbeat. By backing up the card, you are providing yourself added insurance of maintaining the data. Now, when you run OSCAR, try importing the data from the dedicated backup directory and not the SD card. This may be a workaround.

[soapbox]The only Windows box I have is still running Windows 7 because of all the problems I have encountered with Windows 10. . . I despise Windows 10! [/soapbox]

I am wishing you a lot of luck! Eat-popcorn

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings,

I finally gave up and loaded an image of my hard drive from when I knew Oscar was still working. Update stored files between then and now and fired up Oscar. Oscar is now working again.

I was considering switching to the new Sleep HQ that came out on Friday; but, when I saw that they wanted to charge $15/mo for their new Pro version which included O2 Ring data import and only 30 days of data storage for the standard version, I decided that I was going to stick with Oscar and work through the Windows 10 issues.

As a note, I found that my C:\Windows\System32\wbem file was corrupted also resulting in the Windows Information app not being able to display my system configuration information. I tried to recreated the file via a number of methods unsuccessfully and at that point gave up.

Thanks for your help over the last few weeks.

Don
Post Reply Post Reply
I realise you didn't mention the O2Insight application, but loss of user profile is what happened to me after updating that app, on macOS. Just in case it's in any way relevant to you.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid468758
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR shows missing data for multi week interval Dawnstar 6 71 2 hours ago
Last Post: gardencat
  OSCAR Vs device data Siva 1 104 04-17-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 140 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 966 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 303 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 283 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 944 03-29-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: StuartC

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.