Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR graphs
RE: OSCAR graphs
(08-16-2020, 06:21 PM)bonjour Wrote: Ok, I don't recommend throwing the alarmclock across the room.

Your flow limits are out of control on your back,
Let's try a soft cervical collar, let's see if your cervical alignment is causing this.  Usually when we see this the events are a little closer together.  The difference between your side and back may simply be this.  What is your pillow arrangement when on your back?  We can try setting your min pressure to 9 and see if that helps but 1 major change at a time.  I'm more confident in the collar than a pressure increase.

Lol, yeah, if I mess up the bedroom paint with my alarm clock, I'm the one who has to fix it, no thanks!   Smile 

I've got a Releaf collar on order, due Tuesday I think. I'll hold any changes till Weds.

Thanks Bonjour!
Post Reply Post Reply
Used the Releaf collar last night and had essentially no dry throat/mouth problems. That's a pleasant result. Flow limits are lower, but not gone. Screenshot attached, AHI 0.58.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks better. Still high flow limits so you should take The low pressure up 1 to 8. How are you feeling, any better?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2020, 12:26 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Looks better. Still high flow limits so you should take The low pressure up 1 to 8.  How are you feeling, any better?

I'm not sure about feeling better, maybe. My back wasn't a mess this morning since I was able to stay on my back.

What are good flow limits? Should they be at or near zero on the graph? The scale is zero to 1, is 1 indicating a complete blockage, resulting in an apnea event?

Ok, will bump up low to 8 tonight, thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow limits are smaller apnea event, no big thing but they can cause sleep interruptions, that’s why I asked if you were feeling better. If the flow limitations are not allowing you to go into deep sleep and you don’t feel well rested.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
What staceyburke said is true, so I'm not disputing his comments. However, let's dive deeper into the thought and question "How do you feel?" after that sleep session. The overall stats are good and show a nice improvement from earlier.

Now on to how you feel. I know you said the back doesn't hurt due to lying in a comfortable for you position. OK and then the rest of the sleep comfort and gain from use of the PAP is what? Go into some detail and be reasonable and yet critical. If things stayed exactly as is would that be good enough and acceptable? Yes, then go enjoy it. No, then what is not up to your reasonable expectation? Do not think the numbers all have to show good before you feel better. Separate the numbers from feel. If there's an honest assessment, and disruptions are still there, maybe FL is needing addressed. Then again, disturbances could be from another source.

I'm only putting this out there as food for thought on why and when to change settings. I am not saying either to change or not to change, but to consider reasons that exist for the action of change or not.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update. 

I changed masks to an AirTouch F20 because I think the memory foam padding might do a better job reducing leaks around my beard without having to apply any kind of liner. With the F30i, to keep leaks down, I was using a U shaped tape. I really don't like having to apply tape every night or pull it off every morning. So far, I like the AirTouch better than the AirFit. Attached are a couple graphs for comment.

I did get the results of my HST: Obstructive Sleep Apnea (G47.33) - Moderate based on pAHI=28.3-pRDI=35.3 and O2 nadir of 83%

Recommendation is for an Airsense 10 Auto.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,040 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Treatment] What Do My Graphs Mean? | OSCAR TiredTim 27 1,483 02-12-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  'Near-perfect' flowrate graphs CPAPnerd 7 431 02-11-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Central apnea, graphs' meaning and ASV machine settings GT26 4 247 02-09-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: GT26
Idea New CPAP Oscar Help Graphs triquetralark482 0 191 02-07-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: triquetralark482
  First time PAP user. Need help interpreting graphs. kayblitz 6 347 02-02-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: kayblitz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.