Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR hangs after recognizing sdcard & machine correctly
Grin 
OSCAR hangs after recognizing sdcard & machine correctly
The software just freezes at the start of import after recognizing the sdcard (it displayed the apparently correct type of Philips DreamStation auto-CPAP just from looking at the sdcard). I'm running under Win7 x64. The system says oscar.exe is not responding, and the import dialog box just sits at 0%

Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong? I did lock the sdcard before inserting it into my laptop.

Thank You Very Much,
PattiM
=================================

EDIT: Oopsie!! After about 15 minutes, the import dialog progress bar started moving and it seems to be importing. Hopefully this was a false alarm!!
=================================

EDIT-2: Yay! Data imported correctly! Now all I have to do is understand HOW it gets all that information from just the airflow and pressure. Airflow is hard to measure - probably they're using the fanspeed to get air flowrate. But I've noticed that I cough once in a while - or scratch my nose without turning off the machine.- how does it differentiate events like that from real apnea (and other) events?

I guess I'm asking about the algorithms the machine (and Oscar) use to diagnose the meaning from flow/pressure.

I'm really glad this users forum is here!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR hangs after recognizing sdcard & machine correctly
Sorry about that long stall. I just encountered it myself last month, so it'll be fixed in the upcoming release.

It was backing up the files from your SD card onto your computer. In the future it'll still sit at 0% for a while, but at least it will tell you that it's backing up the files and the system will no longer complain that oscar.exe is not responding.

The events themselves are flagged by your CPAP, and OSCAR is merely reporting them to you. How exactly they analyze the flow to do so is a bit of a mystery. But measuring flow is definitely a key part of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR hangs after recognizing sdcard & machine correctly
Thank You!! So the analysis is done in the machine, not by OSCAR. That's a good thing to know.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 188 25,862 04-15-2024, 09:19 PM
Last Post: nohack007
  OSCAR not recognizing Lowenstein SD Card Poolboy 6 226 03-31-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 309 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  OSCAR has never seen my machine's data before! PappaJoe 9 554 02-14-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Data Import hangs midway thru catalogueing EDF files dataq1 4 295 01-14-2024, 02:53 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Request Copy of Resmed Airsense 10 SDCard core files gedm 6 525 12-14-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: gedm
Gross SpO2 Assistant Unable To Start Correctly Merlin309 0 475 09-03-2023, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Merlin309

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.