Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR help needed
Sad 
OSCAR help needed
I know, there have been a jillion, maybe a jillion and a half threads with similar titles, but I can't seem to find a way to connect with OSCAR.  First of all, I'm computer illiterate, or at best semi literate.  

I have used my new ResMed AirSense 10 Auto for the past two nights.  Previously, I had a System One auto that I used for five years +/-.  I have tried every thing I see on the OSCAR pages but I can't seem to get my head around the steps I need to take.  I used SleepyHead to download last night's info, but OSCAR eludes me.  

This computer was not working, so I used a Chromebook for several months, until a friend fixed this thing.
MikeyT

In the Thumb of Michigan.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR help needed
If you could be a little more explicit about what your problem is I can try to help.
Are you saying that you can't get it to read your data card or what?

If so, the easiest steps to make OSCAR read your SDcard are as follows.

1) Shut down OSCAR
2) Insert your SDcard
3) At this point the PC should be showing your SDcard as if it was an external disk
4) Take a look under "This PC" or "My Computer" to see if you see the SDcard showing up as an external disk with a drive letter
5) Start OSCAR
6) OSCAR should glance at all the available "disks" to see if one of them looks like an SDcard with data on it and automatically ask if you want to import the data

Does that not work for you?

There are ways to read the data after OSCAR has already started using the CPAP importer, but I thought I'd just give you the easiest path.
Post Reply Post Reply
Once you get to step 5 as ApneaQuestions mentioned above, do you get an OSCAR Welcome page? Or does OSCAR start looking for your SD card automatically?
If you are only getting the Welcome page you will likely need to click on "CPAP Importer" icon (looks like an SD card).

I don't recall what the default settings are for OSCAR, but you can change it under File > Preferences > Import
You should see a checkbox for "Auto-Launch CPAP Importer..." to turn it On/Off.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mikey, if you have SleepyHead working then don't worry so much about OSCAR just now. The two programs are similar and the current public release of Oscar will give you much the same results as SleepyHead. Future releases of Oscar will have significant changes under the cover but for now you can continue to use SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am having issues also as a newbie (been on CPAP about the same time as you. I have been able to download and save my data but haven't been able to attach it to a message yet. I am using a Mac computer and also not really all that computer literate. Getting lots of help and support from the administrators though.
Good luck .......... I think lots of perseverance and support from the board is the key
Robylla
Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Robylla,
Check your PM message.

Also, see the links below in my signature line for direction on attaching screenshots to posts.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2020, 05:06 PM)ApneaQuestions Wrote: If you could be a little more explicit about what your problem is I can try to help.
Are you saying that you can't get it to read your data card or what?

If so, the easiest steps to make OSCAR read your SDcard are as follows.

1) Shut down OSCAR
2) Insert your SDcard
3) At this point the PC should be showing your SDcard as if it was an external disk
4) Take a look under "This PC" or "My Computer" to see if you see the SDcard showing up as an external disk with a drive letter
5) Start OSCAR
6) OSCAR should glance at all the available "disks" to see if one of them looks like an SDcard with data on it and automatically ask if you want to import the data

Does that not work for you?

There are ways to read the data after OSCAR has already started using the CPAP importer, but I thought I'd just give you the easiest path.
I get hung up at "You must run the OSCAR migration tool."  I can't seem to figure out how to do that.
MikeyT

Post Reply Post Reply
Ah I see

This is probably because OSCAR can see the older Sleepyhead data and wants you to convert it over to the OSCAR format.
I have no experience with that but someone will be along very soon who can get you past that hurdle.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I'm off to bed now. We'll see what happens come morning. Nytol.
MikeyT

Post Reply Post Reply
Please disregard this message.  I will worry about OSCAR at a later date.
MikeyT

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Data needed 5iron 4 98 04-12-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Z1 software advice needed aavenger 1 497 09-07-2023, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Software needed for APEX XT auto (model 9S-005720) Boruch 6 2,453 05-20-2023, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Data from Prisma Smart & Soft CPAP machines [no longer needed] GuyScharf 31 6,378 04-29-2023, 07:19 AM
Last Post: dannahaz
  Oscar - export daily "details" needed - power of data analysis / correlation PaulNL 16 1,688 10-27-2021, 12:13 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Help needed with Graphics Registry Change Buzzard 2 640 11-05-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Buzzard
Arrow [Admin Note] SleepyHead Dreamstation AutoSV Patch [DATA NEEDED see post #2] Greggory 59 18,549 08-29-2018, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.