Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR help needed
RE: OSCAR help needed
The explanation is in my follow up #8
This is probably because OSCAR can see the older Sleepyhead data and wants you to convert it over to the OSCAR format.
I have no experience with that but someone will be along very soon who can get you past that hurdle.

Unfortunately no-one stepped up to the plate to explain how you can convert the Sleepyhead data over to the OSCAR format.

I don't want to recommend that you uninstall Sleepyhead and delete all its data because I suspect that is overkill and unnecessary.
In addition, I wouldn't know where the Sleepyhead data is stored in the first place.

You may get better assistance by posting your question in the software-support section

Alternatively, as suggested by DeepBreathing... just keep using Sleepyhead.  But that feels like a cop-out to me.

It's your choice whether to go down the software-support route or just keep using Sleepyhead (or maybe both).
Sorry I don't have the exact answer for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
MikeyT,
Are you following these directions?

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...stallation

First, uninstall OSCAR and any data files.  Leave SleepyHead as is.

Then reinstall OSCAR, following the directions exactly.  Pay attention to the "migrate SH data part."
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your help so far.

First, I have uninstalled OSCAR and all of the data files, so far as I can tell. Then, I reinstalled OSCAR. Everything seemed to be working fine until I came to the migrate SH data part. I just don't see either of those screens that are on the "Migrating SleepyHead data" page. And no matter what I try to do to get OSCAR to open, it tells me I need to migrate the SH data. When I click on the OK, the window disappears and nothing works. I'd tear my hair out if I had any.

I may just continue to use SH for a while, as someone suggested a while ago.
MikeyT

In the Thumb of Michigan.
Post Reply Post Reply
After the "OK" migration screen, do you not get a "Yes" or "No" prompt on the next screen? If so, select the "No" option.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get no more screens.
MikeyT

Post Reply Post Reply
I must have missed it. What operating system are you using?  macOS, Linux, or Windows (what version)? Also, what is your screen resolution? (1920×1080, 1024×968 for instance)
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for the delay. I'm using Win10. Screen resolution I think is 1920x1080.
MikeyT

Post Reply Post Reply
I believe this issue has been fixed for the forthcoming next release of Oscar, but that's not yet available.

There is a workaround which requires a bit of computer command line experience:
Quote:Best fix may be to force OSCAR to open in a new directory.  

Open a command window, navigate to where you installed OSCAR (Usually C:\Program Files\OSCAR on WIndows), and type the command "oscar --datadir OSCAR_newdir".  Note that there are two hyphens at the beginning of "--datadir".  

That will force OSCAR to use a new directory.  It should also offer you the chance to migrate your Sleepyhead data into the OSCAR directory.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks DeepBreathing, and all who have attempted to help me.  I'll just, as the saying goes, dance with who brung me and stay with SleepyHead until that new release.
MikeyT

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Data needed 5iron 4 120 04-12-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Z1 software advice needed aavenger 1 505 09-07-2023, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Software needed for APEX XT auto (model 9S-005720) Boruch 6 2,468 05-20-2023, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Data from Prisma Smart & Soft CPAP machines [no longer needed] GuyScharf 31 6,406 04-29-2023, 07:19 AM
Last Post: dannahaz
  Oscar - export daily "details" needed - power of data analysis / correlation PaulNL 16 1,700 10-27-2021, 12:13 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Help needed with Graphics Registry Change Buzzard 2 649 11-05-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Buzzard
Arrow [Admin Note] SleepyHead Dreamstation AutoSV Patch [DATA NEEDED see post #2] Greggory 59 18,573 08-29-2018, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.