Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR import of Dreem 2 CSV data
RE: OSCAR import of Dreem 2 CSV data
I'm not really sure then.

I am running the latest test version that I built from source code, but I doubt that explains the discrepancy.

Do you have any pre-existing sessions for the same days as the csv data you're importing?

I'm not sure that would matter, but it might.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, apparently, I just needed some sort of data already in there from my old cpap.  Just pulled my SD card and let it pull my old data and it shows the hypnogram from the Dreem 2 
Thanks for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
Almost everything in OSCAR relies on having a sleep session to tie it to. I think we added a bit so that oximetry data could be imported without a sleep sessions. I don't know it that would be useful for Dreem data, but I'll listen.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
It came up with the hypnogram. Though I was hoping some of the other info would populate to the left in Details like, time to sleep, amount of time in rem, amount of time awake, number of awaking, etc. I don’t know why that data is being added in the conversion script, if it doesn’t populate anyway. Or it is supposed to and some reason it isn’t. I don’t know how the Zeo actually worked.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2019, 05:43 PM)Auriala Wrote: It came up with the hypnogram. Though I was hoping some of the other info would populate to the left in Details like, time to sleep, amount of time in rem, amount of time awake, number of awaking, etc. I don’t know why that data is being added in the conversion script, if it doesn’t populate anyway. Or it is supposed to and some reason it isn’t. I don’t know how the Zeo actually worked.

I think the person that wrote the script figured a) easy enough to add all the data, and b) it could be useful in other applications that read Zeo data (beyond OSCAR).

To me, the main thing that's valuable about the Dreem data is the hypnogram in relation to the other graphs OSCAR displays (it is aimed at xPAP therapy afterall), and the other data you mention is probably derived from that anyway.

The other data that I hope Dreem will export at some point, which would be useful in OSCAR (and it already supports) is pulse-oximeter and sleep position data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I think so. I really wish Dreem would actually just give us access to all of our actual data. Especially those in the US since they did get it FDA approved as a Class 2 Medical Device.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Zeo CSV format, hypnogram import
(10-09-2019, 03:12 PM)slowriter Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 03:04 PM)fenchurch Wrote: slowriter, 

I'm not a user of OSCAR (yet), but I just got my Dreem 2 last night and was looking at the CSV format this morning. The Zeo imports are dependent on the column names in the header. Specifically, the sleep stages should be labeled as "Detailed Sleep Graph". The import loops over this cell and imports as a simple integer. The integers should be space separated for Zeo, which is different than the comma separation of the stage series in the Dreem export. 

Yes, I got this far, but a simple CSV with that column and start and stop date and time causes OSCAR to crash.

Could you PM me a copy of the CSV that makes OSCAR crash? We don't like crash bugs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2019, 01:23 PM)sawinglogz Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 03:12 PM)slowriter Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 03:04 PM)fenchurch Wrote: slowriter, 

I'm not a user of OSCAR (yet), but I just got my Dreem 2 last night and was looking at the CSV format this morning. The Zeo imports are dependent on the column names in the header. Specifically, the sleep stages should be labeled as "Detailed Sleep Graph". The import loops over this cell and imports as a simple integer. The integers should be space separated for Zeo, which is different than the comma separation of the stage series in the Dreem export. 

Yes, I got this far, but a simple CSV with that column and start and stop date and time causes OSCAR to crash.

Could you PM me a copy of the CSV that makes OSCAR crash? We don't like crash bugs.

I'll check, but I'm not sure I still have that code.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2019, 01:38 PM)slowriter Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 01:23 PM)sawinglogz Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 03:12 PM)slowriter Wrote: Yes, I got this far, but a simple CSV with that column and start and stop date and time causes OSCAR to crash.

I'll check, but I'm not sure I still have that code.

I've not been able to find it, but it was a minimal CSV file, and I can reproduce the crash by trying to import any random CSV file; say this one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just added this comment to the Dreem-Zeo import script.

Quote:I just realized a little issue, which is probably mainly a limitation of the Zeo data format.

If one moves across timezones with one's xPAP machine, the times gets out of sync.

Dreem CSV includes the timezone info in its CSV, but the output format of this script (and I assume the Zeo format, and also therefore the OSCAR import code) is not timezone-aware.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 141 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 223 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 107 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.