Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR install problem on Mac
OSCAR install problem on Mac
While I can edit profile I can NOT put in user name which I am prompted for. My sequence as new OSCAR user. I successfully installed OSCAR on Mac desktop and created a Profile called lite1. I accepted the folder that OSCAR suggested for data storage, and said NO to sleepyhead migration. I then realized that it'd be much more convenient to use OSCAR on my laptop and so installed OSCAR on laptop. When getting to first screen of OSCAR on laptop I was unable to choose or access any profile. Since I thought that perhaps OSCAR could not be installed on two different computers, I then uninstalled OSCAR from desktop by dragging it to trash. It seems that the OSCAR data folder in Documents has also been deleted.

Returning to Mac laptop I opened OSCAR. No profiles are showing. I can click on File then Edit Profile and for what pops up I can start creating a profile BUT unable to give it a User Name or password. I can choose country and etc.

I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling OSCAR on laptop but still can not create a profile. Thanks for help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR install problem on Mac
The "Must create a profile" on the OSCAR home page is greyed out.
Post Reply Post Reply
In the right pane of the Profile window you should see a button for "New Profile". Click that to create a profile. "File > Edit Profile" is for editing existing profiles. If no profiles are listed, there is nothing to edit.

EDIT: What version of OSX are you using?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Clicking the Profiles icon in right panel does nothing. OSX is Mojave 10.14.6 I looked at thread from Barbara who is also having problems on Mac. The DL DMG file is 16.7 MB. I started from scratch all over again (DL and install, but still can not create a profile).
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure how the Edit button works in forum. Anyway my reference to thread by Barbara is not relevant; she couldn't even copy installer to app folder; I had misread date on her thread but really it is Jan. 20th so several weeks ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR was downloaded from sleepfiles.com and since I had installed it successfully on Mac desktop and created a profile there I am pretty confident that the DL is good. I DLed it to laptop twice. Will be patient now so I don't keep doing things that might make the problem worse, but as new ASV user (only 2 nights) and new to OSCAR am eager to look at results.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR when launched asks to create folder but checking finder the Data folder has not been created at all. {Forum won't allow me to edit my posts!!}
Post Reply Post Reply
That's odd. I just D/L the current version and it shows 16.9 MB, but the same version I have from a previous d/l a month ago shows 21.9 MB. Maybe it's a server issue?

Another thing to check is if OSCAR has permission to access your Documents folder. Go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy
In the left pane scroll down to Files and Folders. In the right pane scroll down to OSCAR and double check that it has access to your Documents folder. If you are running OSCAR from your Desktop (instead of Applications) then it may need permission for that also.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2020, 02:13 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: In the left pane scroll down to Files and Folders.  I

There isn't a "Files and Folders choice in left pane. The only choice is Full Disk Access; a bit reluctant to do that one but will if you advise to try it. Well just tried it; even with Full Disk Access even though OSCAR shows it will create folder in default Document location it fails to do so. Thanks for continued help and agree this is very odd (and a bit frustrating!).
Post Reply Post Reply
Litehart1 Wrote:I can click on File then Edit Profile and for what pops up I can start creating a profile BUT unable to give it a User Name or password. I can choose country and etc.

This is where you're going wrong. To create a new profile or select an existing one you need to click on the Profiles tab, NOT File | Edit Profile. Once you click on the tab the profile page will open, including the option to make a new profile.

[Image: 850px-OSCAR_Create_profile.PNG]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 44 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 217 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,385 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 737 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  Can't install Oscar. Ficklid22 14 1,575 11-13-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 560 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.