Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR install problem on Mac
RE: OSCAR install problem on Mac
sawinglogz, I only have FileVault turned on.  No other security features.
My laptop was originally Sierra (or High Sierra, can't remember anymore) and I upgraded it to Catalina before I ever used OSCAR.

Interestingly, I just did a fresh install of macOS 10.15.4 in a VM and GateKeeper didn't even balk about OSCAR being from an unidentified developer!  Just let me mount the dmg, copy the app,  and use OSCAR.  As you mentioned, it asked to allow access to Removable Drive, but that's it!  Imported some data, added a note, moved around to different days.  No sign of GateKeeper.

I'm wondering if Apple loosened GateKeeper restrictions?  Or maybe there is a glitch and they haven't found out about it yet?

I recently updated my VMware Fusion to 11.5.3 but I wouldn't think that would effect GateKeeper in any way.

BTW- I was not logged into any Apple stuff (iCloud, etc) in the new VM

Curious.......
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed this while I was working on updating the Mac documentation today. I think as part of their notarization system in Catalina, somehow they've remotely notarized OSCAR 1.0.1: if I have a network connection on my VM it will just ask me if I really want to launch this downloaded application, no right-click necessary. If I have no network connection (or I try with the beta), I end up with a two-step confirmation.

So I'm going to document the more difficult case anyway, since it'll probably take a while for Apple to notarize the new release once it comes out.

...and even in this two-step non-approved case, it didn't ask for permission to access the Documents folder, but it just worked. I wonder if Apple dialed back the paranoia a little bit in later versions of Catalina? Or if maybe when you approve the application on open in Catalina it grants Documents permission, but if you approved the application in a previous OS, it hasn't?
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, I am the OP of thread and have been fine with my installatoin for a few weeks. I just got email of an additional post to thread and thought I should make that clear. Jeff gave me what I needed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 153 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 336 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 161 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,546 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 779 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  Can't install Oscar. Ficklid22 14 1,672 11-13-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 606 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.