Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR: installation issue with Ubuntu, workaround
OSCAR: installation issue with Ubuntu, workaround
First of all thanks to all the people involved in providing this amazing package.
I use Ubuntu, two different versions (18.04 and 19.10). I didn't manage to install it with dpkg with either, but had success with Ubuntu's Software Central,. After install it wasn't running, though. I managed to get it going in a few steps:
First, locate the OSCAR.desktop file (it's under /opt/OSCAR if I'm not mistaken - I'm posting from my phone), open a terminal and type the following:
sudo chown $USER:$USER OSCAR.desktop
And make sure it is executable:
sudo chmod +x OSCAR.desktop
Close the terminal and open the file manager, right click on the .desktop file and click on the "make trusted" (or similar) option, now it should be possible to run the program double clicking on the .desktop file. If that doesn't work, however, pressing Alt-F2 and typing OSCAR (don't forget the capitals) and then hitting Enter should work. After that initial run the icon for the program should show when the system ("Windows") key is pressed, or when the correspondent area in the dashboard is clicked.
I hope thos helps other Ubuntu users.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Instructions do NOT address hours used issue Plmnb 15 304 03-19-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
Sad Help with Oscar Installation FrankIII 5 296 02-25-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Issue: Oscar imported session partially alexroz 3 559 11-04-2023, 04:15 AM
Last Post: alexroz
  IBreeze import issue Gideon 4 594 10-23-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Issue scrolling left and right on a Mac McDonald 6 934 09-26-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: dhuck
  Small unicode and parse issue in 1.5.0 clan 0 375 09-24-2023, 03:13 AM
Last Post: clan
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 733 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.