Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR interpretation, 2.5 weeks in
OSCAR interpretation, 2.5 weeks in
Hi everyone, 

So a little background, i've been on APAP for 2.5 weeks. I look at my oscar data daily but I can't really understand it, even after trying to research through these forums and the wiki's and stuff. 

I tried pressure 6-20 based on my first post and advice I had gotten, but was so full of gas the next day so I went down to 5-20 and have been sticking with that. It seems like my average pressure is between 5-8. 
I have RAMP turned off, I use humidifier and heat. 
I sleep well, have no problems with my mask/falling asleep etc. 
My fiance said I would open my mouth and he could hear it and kept having to wake me up to close it, so I've been mouth taping for the past few nights, which has been fine for me comfort-wise, but hasn't made a difference in my AHI. 
My AHI has been between 1-4, and I don't know what it is that makes it better, or how to further improve my numbers. 

I feel like I am more fatigued than before I started this (if that is even possible). I called off work yesterday because I just can't function. 
I know it takes time to adjust and to get adequate sleep, but I am a 26 year old female, otherwise healthy, BMI 20, is this even normal to be this tired???Especially after a few weeks on CPAP? 
Bloodwork, thyroid, vitamin levels, etc, are all normal. 
I take 50 mg vyvanse and it isn't even enough to get me out of bed most days. 

I attached last nights OSCAR data if anyone can please provide any feedback, I am willing to try anything. I don't meet with my neurologist for another 2 weeks.

Thank you all so much!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR interpretation, 2.5 weeks in
Hey and Welcome 
Looks like you post fell through the cracks.

How are you now? Can you post more recent OSCAR data?

I would tighten up your max to 10.  You dont seem to go above 8.  No since having 20 set.

You seem to have a few Hypopnea's so I would set the Flex to 3 and see if that helps.

Most likely you need a ResMed machine.  With the dreamstation recall now you may have to get one anyway.

Without you sleep study we can only assume the Centrals are treatment emergent.  Can you post a copy of your Sleep study? personal info redacted please.

Yes it could take months to feel better.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 321 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,488 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,177 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
Smile How is my OSCAR data looking? Help with interpretation deirdrepen 3 227 02-29-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 672 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.