Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR is Released and Live
RE: OSCAR is Released and Live
That's because we didn't pay Microsoft tribute for the signed certificate. If you use the link I provided, or the one at the top of the screen, you will be safe.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2019, 05:44 PM)sreiter Wrote: i d/l'd and when i went to install, my computer gave me a warning, makes my a little nervous

Yep, that's to be expected - sometimes your browser, your virus protection or your Operating System gives you a heads-up that OSCAR isn't a "known" or "popular" program yet.  (this happens often on brand new software packages).

See the OSCAR installation wiki page about this:

For Windows:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ad_process

For MacOSX:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Apple_Mac
(scroll down to the Troubleshooting section)

But, OSCAR is completely safe to install, even though you may see these "cautionary" warnings.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
thanks alot
Post Reply Post Reply
Not to worry. You can read about this in the guide to downloading/installing.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is the super-cautious firewall warning you that 'something nefarious' might be trying to hack your computer.  You can click on the warning and look for the option of installing anyway.  That's what worked for me, Win 10 user.
Post Reply Post Reply
Installed OSCAR and like others, aside from the security warning, everything imported and is displaying properly (data was originally in SH 1.0.0, then was imported to SH 1.1.0, and then imported into OSCAR).  A HUGE thanks to the team that is keeping the project alive!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Folks, just a reminder:

1.  If you're having CPAP or Sleep Apnea issues in general, please post them as a new thread in the Main Apnea Board forum.  This thread is primarily about the launch of the OSCAR software project.

2.  If you're having technical difficulties with the OSCAR software, please check out the Software Support Forum to see if there's a thread about your specific problem there... if there is, simply reply in that  thread... if you can't find your OSCAR issue listed, then start a new thread in the Software Support Forum.

We'd like to keep this thread on-track, primarily discussing the release, features and future of OSCAR.

If you post an off-topic issue here, it's simply likely to get buried or lost.  Your issue will get far more attention if you follow the two points of advice above.

From this point forward, we will be splitting off any off-topic posts into the appropriate area(s).

Thanks for your help!

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
I split off the posts discussing the Preferences Window size issue into it's own thread, now in the Software Support Forum, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...for-screen

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, Our conversation is sliding from this thread's topic. I'm going to ask that your and my posts be move to its own thread.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,746 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  How to get a prescription - live in rural area Madison320 22 2,461 11-11-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Madison320
  Bleep Eclipse Magnets--Will the Eclipse Be Released Steptoe 1 1,092 09-13-2022, 12:08 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  New CPAP user: are mask leaks/adjustments just something you have to live with? theredheadsaid 3 727 08-01-2022, 12:51 PM
Last Post: lindylou
  OSCAR v1.3.1 is released GuyScharf 14 6,535 04-29-2022, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released Gideon 0 5,808 10-17-2021, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [News] ResMed AirFit N30i RELEASED srlevine1 10 2,638 07-16-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.