Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR is born, here your wishes, suggestions and heads-up!
RE: OSCAR is born, here your wishes, suggestions and heads-up!
(06-02-2019, 07:12 PM)Jay Belmont Wrote: Long shot but since this is a wishlist a little love for the international community would be amazing. I've got a weinmann prisma and basically can't read much of anything off it beyond their consumer website's extremely basic daily summaries.

I'm always happy to log such wishlist requests. As you might imagine, support for other machines is a function of how many people want it and whether we find a developer enthused about figuring out how to support yet another data format.  Analyzing and supporting another format is no small task.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Weinmann (Loewenstein) machines are turning up in more and more markets as a viable high quality alternative to Resmed and Philips. I expect we'll see more members with them, and consequently a higher demand for Oscar support.  The only problem is finding somebody who can reverse-engineer the output and do the necessary programming into Oscar.

I have a vague memory that somebody has already put together a viewer for Prisma output but cannot lay my fingers on it at the moment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2019, 07:48 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I have a vague memory that somebody has already put together a viewer for Prisma output but cannot lay my fingers on it at the moment.

There's this:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2019, 10:06 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 07:48 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I have a vague memory that somebody has already put together a viewer for Prisma output but cannot lay my fingers on it at the moment.

There's this:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

600 Mb zip file. Shock-2 Shock
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2019, 05:22 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: 600 Mb zip file.  Shock-2  Shock

Apparently Weinmann believes in bloatware (or perhaps extremely wordy and complicated coding...).   Too-funny
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe a bug, maybe not:  I noted in looking at the Overview graphs that it posts the Max Pressure from the setting, and not the max pressure observed for the night.  My settings are 9 min and 12 max on autoset, but several nights lately I haven't hit the max pressure even once, yet the bar still shows going to that level.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2019, 08:48 AM)edfreeman Wrote: Maybe a bug, maybe not:  I noted in looking at the Overview graphs that it posts the Max Pressure from the setting, and not the max pressure observed for the night.  My settings are 9 min and 12 max on autoset, but several nights lately I haven't hit the max pressure even once, yet the bar still shows going to that level.

Move your cursor over the bar and you'll see the details for that bar.  Yes, the min and max pressure from the settings are shown, as well as median and 95% pressures. 

Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2019, 09:09 AM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 08:48 AM)edfreeman Wrote: Maybe a bug, maybe not:  I noted in looking at the Overview graphs that it posts the Max Pressure from the setting, and not the max pressure observed for the night.  My settings are 9 min and 12 max on autoset, but several nights lately I haven't hit the max pressure even once, yet the bar still shows going to that level.

Move your cursor over the bar and you'll see the details for that bar.  Yes, the min and max pressure from the settings are shown, as well as median and 95% pressures. 

Thank you, and I knew it was showing the max pressure, just wondering out loud if we really need it to do that or would the actual max be more useful.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've seen the same thing but haven't kept track of where one or another occurs: in some places a reported max is the set max; other times it's the achieved max. and a separate issue of course is that max in the stats in the daily tab in SH 1.1.0 and Oscar max might not be max at all but 99%tile.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2019, 03:39 PM)sheepless Wrote: I've seen the same thing but haven't kept track of where one or another occurs: in some places a reported max is the set max; other times it's the achieved max.   and a separate issue of course is that max in the stats in the daily tab in SH 1.1.0 and Oscar max might not be max at all but 99%tile.

I looked at it in SH, and it is the same display, then checked Resscan, and it shows the actual max.  Just gives an extra data point for trending if something has been changed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wishes for the new version of OSCAR 1.5.1 or later. Ruud J 18 2,096 10-03-2023, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
Information Lookee oximeter import/sync issues, wiki update suggestions Uphold9887 9 761 05-02-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Statistics display suggestions or bug report dr.wise 5 1,020 05-06-2020, 12:42 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  NOTICE: OSCAR Suggestions Gideon 31 5,303 04-19-2019, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Spy Car

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.