Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR is born, here your wishes, suggestions and heads-up!
RE: OSCAR is born, here your wishes, suggestions and heads-up!
Fixed pressure machines show the actual max, auto machines show the configured max and actual max reached. I find the statistic useful however if it's not in the wiki/online manual then it can cause confusion
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Printing
Hi

Appreciate all the work that has gone into OSCAR.

A small inconvenience for me, I run it on a Mac and I find that when I print the Statistics page it does not print the second page. If I opt for .PDF it doesn't save the second page either. Works fine for the Overview though

Al
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2019, 04:29 AM)Alibali Wrote: Hi

A small inconvenience for me, I run it on a Mac and I find that when I print the Statistics page it does not print the second page. If I opt for .PDF it doesn't save the second page either. Works fine for the Overview though

Al

We are aware of the problem with a statistics report not printing a second page when required and it is in our list of issues to be addressed.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2019, 07:21 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: I'm always happy to log such wishlist requests. As you might imagine, support for other machines is a function of how many people want it and whether we find a developer enthused about figuring out how to support yet another data format.  Analyzing and supporting another format is no small task.

(06-02-2019, 07:48 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: The Weinmann (Loewenstein) machines are turning up in more and more markets as a viable high quality alternative to Resmed and Philips. I expect we'll see more members with them, and consequently a higher demand for Oscar support.  The only problem is finding somebody who can reverse-engineer the output and do the necessary programming into Oscar.

I have a vague memory that somebody has already put together a viewer for Prisma output but cannot lay my fingers on it at the moment.

From what I've found on non-english forums Weinmann/Loewenstein is a lot better known in Europe than the US, the isetta study and this forum are basically the only places I've really found anything in english about them. Outside of that I did find a sleepyhead fork under (possibly active?) development at a german Apnea forum. It seems to be for the older somnomed models instead of the current-gen Prisma machines though, and with all newer prisma machines locked out of PrismaTS that leaves just the very basic summary stats at the Prisma Journal website.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2019, 05:57 AM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 04:29 AM)Alibali Wrote: Hi

Al

We are aware of the problem with a statistics report not printing a second page when required and it is in our list of issues to be addressed.
If I can add to this - seeing the same issues on the MAC printing to to Brother inkjet and an HP laser printer. One observation is the text appears to be larger than expected when compared to the same report in SH. Print to PDF also has the "oversized" text.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2019, 03:51 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: If I can add to this - seeing the same issues on the MAC printing to to Brother inkjet and an HP laser printer. One observation is the text appears to be larger than expected when compared to the same report in SH. Print to PDF also has the "oversized" text.

The problem with the Statistics report printing only the first page has been fixed for the next release.  We have also addressed font issues for the Statistics report.  Font size will be adjusted for paper size, so a larger font size will be used if printing landscape mode.  Statistics report will always be printed (to real printer or PDF) with the Helvetica font.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2019, 04:16 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 03:51 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: If I can add to this - seeing the same issues on the MAC printing to to Brother inkjet and an HP laser printer. One observation is the text appears to be larger than expected when compared to the same report in SH. Print to PDF also has the "oversized" text.

The problem with the Statistics report printing only the first page has been fixed for the next release.  We have also addressed font issues for the Statistics report.  Font size will be adjusted for paper size, so a larger font size will be used if printing landscape mode.  Statistics report will always be printed (to real printer or PDF) with the Helvetica font.

Many thanx. I was printing portrait and again, it only printed the "first page". I was taught many years ago that Ariel is the public domain (poor man's version) of Helvetica. It looks like Helvetica may have gone more or less public domain. Also read somewhere that if you really want to save ink user Century Gothic.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can't find the bug report page - so here goes. Installed OSCAR on a win10 machine that had Sleepyhead installed. Pointed it to the Sleepyhead data file (I know RTFM), and got a pop-up saying I needed to run "import data." That as far as it goes. You click on okay and crash. Tried uninstalling trying again, but now I don't even get to the where do ypou want your data screen. Just the same popup (this is sleephead data, you must run import) and a crash. Obviously you've left something in the registry that uninstall doesn't knock out.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure it's in the fine manual, but there are some subtle differences between the SleepyHead data files and the OSCAR data files, so OSCAR must create it's own new directory outside of and away from the SleepyHead data.

I'm guessing that when OSCAR asked - on the first execution of OSCAR - if it should use OSCAR_Data for its files, you said 'no' and then told it to use the SleepyHeadData folder. And as you see, that won't work. You must let it create a new folder for OSCAR data.

I'm not sure if uninstalling the OSCAR program from Windows will clean out the registry entry that holds the folder name. If, when you uninstall and reinstall you get to the question about about using OSCAR_Data, say 'yes' and then it will ask if you have SleepyHead data that you wish to import, and where to find it. Then it will import and massage your SleepyHead data so that OSCAR can use it.

If you don't get the Language selection box and the suggestion to use OSCAR_Data, then one of the Windows experts will have to help you clean up the Windows Registry.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2019, 10:57 AM)elmerF Wrote: Can't find the bug report page - so here goes. Installed OSCAR on a win10 machine that had Sleepyhead installed. Pointed it to the Sleepyhead data file (I know RTFM), and got a pop-up saying I needed to run "import data." That as far as it goes. You click on okay and crash. Tried uninstalling trying again, but now I don't even get to the where do ypou want your data screen. Just the same popup (this is sleephead data, you must run import) and a crash. Obviously you've left something in the registry that uninstall doesn't knock out.

This forum is the right place for problem reports. Feel free to start a new thread with any problem you have.

Right, the program puts something in the registry when it executes and that is not removed when you uninstall.

You could edit the registry or, an easier solution, is to start OSCAR from the command line.  Open the command window, navigate to where OSCAR is installed (usually C:\Program Files\OSCAR), and type this command:

oscar --datadir OSCAR_Data

Note that there are two hyphens before "datadir"

This will use a new OSCAR_Data directory and should prompt you for migration of Sleepyhead data.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wishes for the new version of OSCAR 1.5.1 or later. Ruud J 18 2,096 10-03-2023, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
Information Lookee oximeter import/sync issues, wiki update suggestions Uphold9887 9 761 05-02-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Statistics display suggestions or bug report dr.wise 5 1,019 05-06-2020, 12:42 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  NOTICE: OSCAR Suggestions Gideon 31 5,302 04-19-2019, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Spy Car

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.