Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR isn't reading data after updating to Mac OS: Ventura 13.0.1
RE: OSCAR isn't reading data after updating to Mac OS: Ventura 13.0.1
Joy,  if you connect your SD card to the reader & plug it into your Mac (or if you have a built in card reader on the Mac & just plug the SD card into it) if it is 'recognised' by the Mac it will show up as an external drive in the list on the far left of Finder  & it will also show up as an Icon on your Desktop. 
In my examples below my SD card is called 'UNTITLED'. 

Desktop Icon

Shown in Finder

If you cannot see yours SD card in finder, you may need to go to Finder Preferences - click on Finder in top bar - Preferences is 2nd down in the drop down list, In 'General' ensure that 'External Disks' is ticked & then try reinserting the SD card.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-22-2022, 12:29 AM)Cuppa Wrote: Joy,  if you connect your SD card to the reader & plug it into your Mac (or if you have a built in card reader on the Mac & just plug the SD card into it) if it is 'recognised' by the Mac it will show up as an external drive in the list on the far left of Finder  & it will also show up as an Icon on your Desktop. 
In my examples below my SD card is called 'UNTITLED'. 
If you cannot see yours SD card in finder, you may need to go to Finder Preferences - click on Finder in top bar - Preferences is 2nd down in the drop down list, In 'General' ensure that 'External Disks' is ticked & then try reinserting the SD card.

Cuppa, Your screenshots were so helpful. Thx!
I trashed my Oscar & reinstalled OSCAR this morning after reading your & Jeff's replies.
Here's what I found:
1. The ICON on my desktop says "OSCAR INSTALLER"
2. In FINDER, under "Locations", again I find the name "OSCAR 1.4.0 INSTALLER" (with the triangle/line under it symbol)
3. I also went to FINDER PREFERENCES > GENERAL: Where it says "Show on Desktop", the External Disks WAS CHECKED.

Then, with my SD card in the reader, plugged into my Mac . . . I clicked on OSCAR > FILE > Import CPAP Card Data.
-- But that then takes me to a FINDER window with "MACINTOSH HD" at the top and several things under it. I took a screenshot of that for you.
-- So, do I click OPEN??

Joy
PS - If I click on "Applications" in the Screenshot below . . . OSCAR is listed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
"OSCAR 1.4.0 Installer" is the dmg file you downloaded from here. In the Finder window where it shows "OSCAR 1.4.0 Installer" you can click the little arrow next to it and eject it. It gets mounted like your SD card.
The OSCAR app you want is the one that is in Applications. Double click OSCAR that is in Applications and it should open.

I didn't see your SD card shown in that screenshot of Finder. Did you have the SD card attached to your computer at the time?

Does your Mac have a built-in SD card reader? Or are you using a USB type external reader?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, Jeff. I went to my Applications for the OSCAR icon & launched it from there. At the Welcome screen, I put my locked SD card into my Apple USB-type external Reader, and went up to Oscar's FILE > Import Card Data and tried to import from there. Although it indicated that data was being imported, afterwards, the Daily View, Overview & Statistics remained faded & unresponsive.

I left my SD card /reader ATTACHED to my Mac . . . then went into FINDER and in my Documents was the File "OSCAR Data" that was dated today a few minutes ago. But in Finder I saw NO indication of an SD card. -- I clicked on Oscar DATA (see Screen Shot).

Does any of this tell you anything??

Joy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff,

I have something else to add. Someone on another forum tells me he also has a MacBook Air which he upgraded to the recent OS Ventura 13.0.1 and he reports that the update did not affect data uploads to OSCAR for him.

He adds that he leaves his SD card from an AirSense 10 unlocked & installs the SD to the Mac with an SD to C port adapter. An ICON appears on his desktop, then he launches OSCAR from that icon on the desktop.

I can't figure out WHY an ICON doesn't appear on my desktop . . . I always LOCK my SD card before inserting it in my external Apple card reader.

Joy
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems that your Mac may not be recognizing your SD card reader correctly.

Two things to try:

1. - Disconnect your reader and try another USB port. See if the SD card shows up in Finder

2. - From Launchpad open Disk Utility (Launchpad > Other > Disk Utility).  See if the SD card shows up in the left pane under External

If the SD card still not showing up the card reader may have a problem.  Try another reader if you can.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff,

I've been unsuccessful following your instructions to get my Mac Air back to recognizing my SD Card again (since updating to OS: Ventura 13.0.1). Today Amazon sent my NEW Apple USB-C to SD Card Reader (a free replacement for the one I had been using which "may" not have worked properly.

So this morning I went into Applications & clicked on OSCAR , then used the same SD card I have been using all along ("LOCKED" per instructions in red on the OSCAR Welcome page) & put it into the NEW Reader (in both ports) and STILL NO icon appeared on my desktop OR in my Finder!! (The "new" SD card hasn't arrived yet.)

HOWEVER, then I went to SLEEP HQ where I had become a free member a couple weeks ago. And I used the same old SD card (but "UN-LOCKED" per instructions on Sleep HQ), & the No Name ICON appeared BOTH on the desktop and in Finder!! So I clicked on the "No Name icon" and dragged the files onto Sleep HQ which WERE THEN imported!!

So, I AM able to import into Sleep HQ . . . but NOT into OSCAR anymore. -- Can you figure out why?

JoyD.

PS - I was so glad to find Software that works for me, that I took advantage of the current Sleep HQ $99/year for life cost of Sleep HQ PRO before the offer expires. I would STILL, however, like to also use Oscar if that is ever possible.
Post Reply Post Reply
JoyD.

It seems that Ventura introduced a new security feature that prevents newer Mac's from communicating with USB/Thunderbolt devices by default.

I posted about it earlier today: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...lease-read

The setting is in System Settings > Security and Privacy > Security. I don't have a newer M1 Mac or Ventura so I'm not sure if it's a tick box or slider type of setting.

Try changing the setting as recommended in the release notes and see if that helps.
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Joy - Locking applies ONLY to the Resmed S9 series. Since you are using an A10, you don't need to lock the SD card.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Red,

Thank you for that info regarding not having to lock the SD card with an A10.

JoyD.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 4 39 7 hours ago
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 84 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 92 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 227 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 109 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.