Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR issue - Insp & Exp time charts
OSCAR issue - Insp & Exp time charts
I ran into a weird problem with OSCAR, it's not showing the insp & exp time charts just on this one day. Other days work fine. If I rebuild the CPAP data then it shows properly but the machine info in the upper left corner under the AHI gets messed up. Attached is a screenshot of the chart issue.

Don't know if anyone else has run into this, just thought I'd post about it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR issue - Insp & Exp time charts
(06-18-2019, 07:11 PM)alshayed Wrote: I ran into a weird problem with OSCAR, it's not showing the insp & exp time charts just on this one day. Other days work fine. If I rebuild the CPAP data then it shows properly but the machine info in the upper left corner under the AHI gets messed up.

Could you post a screen shot of what the daily page looks like with the "AHI ... messed up" so we can see before and after?

Thanks, and I will log this issue.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a picture of what it looks like after the rebuild. Note how it now says CPAP mode, but the original screenshot was correct about VAuto mode. Unfortunately to get things right again (except the insp/exp time) I have to purge all data and re-import.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2019, 08:59 AM)alshayed Wrote: Here's a picture of what it looks like after the rebuild. Note how it now says CPAP mode, but the original screenshot was correct about VAuto mode. Unfortunately to get things right again (except the insp/exp time) I have to purge all data and re-import.

I've seen something like that messed up AHI etc. happen on my own data.  Note where it says measures are "guessed."  Here is what worked for me with my own data: Using the calendar, go back in time to the first day that is showing as 'guessed.'  Purge the data for that one day and import again.  After that, everything was ok.  I do not know what is causing either the initial problem with the graph or the mess-up in rebuilding.  We do have a couple reports of rebuilding failures, but so far they have not been repeatable and we have not determined why they are happening.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2019, 09:37 AM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(06-19-2019, 08:59 AM)alshayed Wrote: Here's a picture of what it looks like after the rebuild. Note how it now says CPAP mode, but the original screenshot was correct about VAuto mode. Unfortunately to get things right again (except the insp/exp time) I have to purge all data and re-import.

I've seen something like that messed up AHI etc. happen on my own data.  Note where it says measures are "guessed."  Here is what worked for me with my own data: Using the calendar, go back in time to the first day that is showing as 'guessed.'  Purge the data for that one day and import again.  After that, everything was ok.  I do not know what is causing either the initial problem with the graph or the mess-up in rebuilding.  We do have a couple reports of rebuilding failures, but so far they have not been repeatable and we have not determined why they are happening.

I think that OSCAR is using the summary data to populate the machine type andcsettings, but rebuilding the data does not read this information correctly, I can repeat this at will if I rebuild my data depending on which order i re build my 5 machines in my profile
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on one profile I am working with, the problem with incorrect settings and otherwise messed up data on the left side of the Daily page is that the STR.EDF file has gotten truncated, so that information in the left column past some particular point in time is not the real data.  Now, how the str.edf file got truncated, I don't know.  I am trying to recreate the situation using an OSCAR_Data file from someone who has experienced the problem.  If I can narrow down when the problem occurs, then I can better decide which section of code to focus my attention on.  The function that reads the backup files to rebuild data is the very same code used to read the SD card in the first place, so I suspect the problem isn't in that piece of code (but I could be wrong).
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
The gaps in your plots are not an OSCAR problem but rather a problem with your machine or SD card.  I looked at the files you send me with both ResScan and an independent EDF file explorer tool, and they showed the same gaps that you see.  So these gaps have something to do with the way your ResMed Aircurve machine is recording data or possibly something about the SD card that is causing your machine not to record some data to it.  About the only thing I might try is to use a different SD card and make sure it is properly inserted in the machine.

Maybe someone else watching these messages will have a better idea.  If the problem persists, you might ask your DME to check your machine out.  If this is just a one-time event in a long history of good operation, you could just ignore it.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not referring to the gaps - those are mostly due to kids coming in and pestering me for a few minutes while I'm trying to go to sleep and I usually turn the machine off briefly to talk to them.

My concern is how the inspiration & expiration time charts just don't work at all the rest of the night. Here's a bigger picture of that night.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I'll look into that. ResScan does show the rest of the night.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Display average AHI over time period ? Bernard Flapdoodle 1 78 04-09-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 924 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 3 238 03-30-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: douglaskeene
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 129 03-28-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Sad Instructions do NOT address hours used issue Plmnb 15 521 03-19-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 254 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 380 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.