Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR - max flow limit problem?
RE: OSCAR - max flow limit problem?
If you'll look at the charts, all the numbers are identical except the MAX numbers...
the graphs are absolutely identical in both programs

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I think in SleepyHead 1.1 these numbers became 99% numbers for some machines why Mark did this I do not know it was to do with the resmed importer changes i do not understand the code enough to comment further
Post Reply Post Reply
I know when I add the maximum plot line to SH 1.0.0 it sits on top of the highest spike in the graph. Whereas, SH-1.1.0 and OSCAR put the plot line below the maximum, almost like it's performing outlier removal .

I just noticed that the terminology for the plot line has changed from "Maximum" in SH v1.0.0 to "Peak" in SH 1.1.0 and OSCAR.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When Mark and I worked on 1.1.0, it was my opinion that the "maximum" was worthless, and suggested we report the 99 percentile instead. The maximum is too subject to a leak or anomaly that makes it a simple flag for an outlier. It has no meaning in therapy. I think this was an undocumented experiment that is actually an improvement in the data, but since it was not properly labeled or documented, it is hard to reconcile. Anyone that follows my posts will notice I never pay any regard to the maximum, and i think Mark took that to heart.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2019, 04:11 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: When Mark and I worked on 1.1.0, it was my opinion that the "maximum" was worthless, and suggested we report the 99 percentile instead.  The maximum is too subject to a leak or anomaly that makes it a simple flag for an outlier. It has no meaning in therapy.  I think this was an undocumented experiment that is actually an improvement in the data, but since it was not properly labeled or documented, it is hard to reconcile.  Anyone that follows my posts will notice I never pay any regard to the maximum, and i think Mark took that to heart.

I would also note it seems only to be applicable to some machines so we may need to research this further.
Post Reply Post Reply
This may be one reason Mark didn't consider 1.1.0 complete. He abandoned it to work on 2.0, so there may be other Easter eggs. It's important that OSCAR be accurate and properly documented, but I still say the "maximum" statistic is not a particularly valuable metric.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 107 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 217 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR inconsistency between Lowenstein Obstruction Levels / Flow Limitations? WisNaeMe 8 857 02-18-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Flow Rate and Mask pressure missing BuzzaJim 9 527 01-30-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  95% flow limitationm goodn 2 519 11-24-2023, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 560 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.