Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR mobile app
RE: OSCAR mobile app
Dec3169, good luck with your experiment, I am curious about how you deciphered the data file format for your CPAP machine. The ResPlus uses a file format of vhth and Oscar currently does not support it apparently. Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
What I will say is that OSCAR is always looking for Volunteers, if interested PM me. "Gideon" if interested.

The OSCAR team has discussed Phone Apps in the past. All I will say here is the task is not trivial.

App developers are welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2022, 02:20 AM)Gideon Wrote: App developers are welcome.

I posted my thoughts on the OSCAR rewrite thread today.  I've developed for Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, using Xamarin, Go and B4X with backend using TCP/IP, HTTP/Rest, Java Jetty.

Tablet/Phablet devices are intriguing, but phones not so much. IMHO.  A proof of concept that addresses the needs would be pretty easy. Mocked up data and user interfaces vs actual OSCAR port.

BTW, there's been mention of SQLite. It can't be used in a multi-user/multi-threaded environment.  Great for a DB on a small device like a phone, not on a server.

Thanks,

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
There is an alternative - SleepHQ will work on any device with a browser, including phones and tablets. The graphics are somewhat like Oscar, and you have the ability to share your data - the person reviewing it is able to zoom in and pan around, which is a big advantage. The disadvantage is that you need to upload your data to the server, which many people see as a problem. SleepHQ is not as complete or sophisticated as Oscar, but it's a pretty good alternative and does work on a wide variety of devices.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2022, 11:21 PM)TonyVivaldi52 Wrote: There is an alternative - SleepHQ 

I'm familiar with sleepHQ. Had loaded data into it back in September when I was getting ready for my Air Sense 10 replacement.  Around the same time I discovered apneaboard and OSCAR, then I stopped using sleepHQ. I saw a lot of  features in the sleepHQ app that required the Pro upgrade, not interested.

apneaboard (AB) provides an open user community with expert advice.  OSCAR is very customizable (order of charts, size of charts), supports export of data to CSV, supports my oximeter, doesn't require internet connection (can be used home and away using SDcard). The biggest thing I like about OSCAR is that I can visualize the most important CPAP graphs as well as oximeter graphs without scrolling.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR [mobile devices & cellular modem use] Osiris357 20 3,657 12-26-2021, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  3rd Party Mobile App JesseLee 2 1,489 09-27-2017, 01:27 PM
Last Post: JesseLee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.