Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Freezes on Debian Linux (Buster) 10.4
RE: Oscar Freezes on Debian Linux (Buster) 10.4
(06-03-2020, 07:24 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: What version of Qt do you have installed on Buster?

According to the KDE Info center, I have the following:
Code:
Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 10
KDE Plasma Version: 5.14.5
Qt Version: 5.11.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.54.0
Kernel Version: 4.19.0-9-amd64
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Memory: 15.3 GiB of RAM

The debug info from the previous message shows an earlier version of Qt, but supposedly newer versions of Qt are supposed to be backwards compatible

ex-Gooserider
Wheelchair using Paraplegic - T5,  Very hairy face, breath via both nose and mouth, so need full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're right, nothing looks odd or out of place. I will work on it when I get my computer upgraded to Buster.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I appreciate the help... 

ex-Gooserider
Wheelchair using Paraplegic - T5,  Very hairy face, breath via both nose and mouth, so need full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump....  Any luck figuring out what is going on???

Thanks,
ART
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I've upgraded to Buster, lost the sound and printer, fixed them, and swithced over to Mate since the gnomes have decided I don't need my desktop icons.
And I tried out OSCAR 1.1.1 - which seems to all work as expected - not that I get into every nook and cranny.

The next step will be to create a new user who can use KDE without messing up my usual work style...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, sounds like you have been busy....  I just hadn't heard anything for a while and wanted to be sure my problem hadn't fallen through the cracks...

ex-Gooserider
Post Reply Post Reply
Bumping again to see if there is any word on progress with the issue??? Huhsign

Thanks
ex-Gooserider
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
I haven't had a lot of reason to be looking at my therapy recently, as things seem to be going pretty well...  However the DME supplier wanted me to send in my SD card for insurance reasons, so I just downloaded it...  Since the mouse problem is a major annoyance, I tried looking to see if there had been any progress in fixing it.  I saw that version 1.2 had been released Cool  So I downloaded and installed it.  Per the Linux install wiki instructions, I purged the old version and installed the new one.
Unfortunately I am still seeing the same problem where the program works with the mouse initially, but then loses connection with it, and navigation is only possible with the keyboard.... Sad Oh-jeez

Any progress in finding causes? Huhsign

Thanks ex-Gooserider
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions Crimson Nape 3 125 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What version of Linux for my Chromebook? bluetangle127 1 432 10-26-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  F12/Take Screenshot Not Saving Screenshot under Linux? DigitalMan43 4 668 09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Last Post: DigitalMan43
  o2 insight pro on linux Jim Vader 10 1,390 08-16-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: data01
  OSCAR for Ubuntu Linux "blocked and dangerous" edgreenberg 3 738 07-17-2023, 06:27 AM
Last Post: edgreenberg
  Feature Request - OSCAR Linux rammjet 3 627 07-09-2023, 09:04 PM
Last Post: rammjet

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.