Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR not reporting Total Time in Apnea
OSCAR not reporting Total Time in Apnea
         I have used Sleepyhead for many years and decided to upgrade and give OSCAR a try. I have a DreamStation Model DSX400H11 with an SD card. I imported my data from my SD card into OSCAR yesterday. However, the "Total Time in Apnea" is not showing up in my OSCAR overview report. The "Total Time in Apnea" has always shown up when I use Sleepyhead. I also imported my SD card data a second time today hoping the "Total Time in Apnea" would maybe show up the second time I imported the data from my SD card. Like before, the "Total Time in Apnea" shows in the Sleepyhead overview report, but does not show in the OSCAR overview report. I believe the "Total Time in Apnea" is on the SD card because it shows up in SleepyHead.

Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, or solutions on how I can fix this problem? Is the newer OSCAR really worth the extra effort to try and fix this problem or should I just stick with using SleepyHead? I also noticed in comparing the 2 attached screenshots there is also data missing in the Tidal Volume and Respiratory Rate. (I was using a different CPAP machine on 7-16-20 to about 8-5-20 and this is what there is no data during these periods of time) Do you think the SD card is bad? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR not reporting Total Time in Apnea
Hi BrainFog! - Welcome

Have you checked the display options in the lower right to see if this parameter is checked?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
     Yes Sir, I have done everything I can think of except stand on my head.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oscar does not report total time in apnoea as the durations of events are not provided by the Dreamstation and sleepyhead was arbitrarily applying durations that did not exist this data removal has effected the total time in apnoea graphs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the explanation. Are you also saying the "Total Time in Apnea" as reported by Sleepyhead in the past is not reliable or trustworthy? I was thinking the "Total Time in Apnea"  was an important reporting feature for me because I have both Sleep Apnea and COPD.

I am in the process of also buying a new machine. I am leaning towards a ResMed Aircurve 10 ST-A. Will OSCAR be able to report "Total Time in Apnea" if I buy this new machine? What do you think is the best NIV for people with both Sleep Apnea and COPD? (This condition is sometimes called the Overlap Syndrome or deadly duo). I will also need to port oxygen into any new machine I buy because I have low oxygen levels while sleeping. Porting in oxygen is normally easy to do with any machine. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? I have read the AVS type machines are not recommended for people with COPD. Is there any truth to this statement?

Thank you again!
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed this morning when I imported my data into OSCAR the last few days of Total Time in Apnea is now showing in the Overview Report. I did change a few of the settings in the preferences area. I am now wondering why the Total Time in Apnea is not showing for the last 12 months only the last few day. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rick
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2020, 02:18 PM)BrainFog Wrote: I noticed this morning when I imported my data into OSCAR the last few days of Total Time in Apnea is now showing in the Overview Report. I did change a few of the settings in the preferences area. I am now wondering why the Total Time in Apnea is not showing for the last 12 months only the last few day. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rick

I,m in the same boat and I'm a newbee (July 2020) that noticed today the TTIA parameter in the "Overview"  (seldom view it) of OSCAR. It appears ResMed does support TTIA and Philips does not.  I say this because I bought my first APAP unit, a new DreamStation Auto CPAP (500X110), this July 2020 and TTIA never appeared until I bought a new a new ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet which I used it for only 5 days. And TTIA appeared for 3 of those 5 days. 

FYI, I went back to my Dreamstation because my AHI was averaging less than 1.0 (best 0.03)  for the prior two weeks that I gradually matriculated my Pressure up to 14.5 from a July pressure start of 7 for a 6.68 AHI.  I got discouraged with the ResMed unit because it was averaging 2.418 with a high of 3.56 using the same pressure and other settings as the Dreamstation. I plan to give the ResMed another try soon but for now I'll be using the Dreamstation because I'm recovering from a cardiac Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation done two weeks ago from today. So I need to have the best APAP and Oximeter (Wellue O2Ring) scores.
Post Reply Post Reply
@jas102543, you might want to post screenshots of a night from both machines for people to review. (Ideally the last night you used the Resmed and the following night with DreamStation.) The different manufacturers score events differently, so you may not necessarily be getting better therapy from the DreamStation: it could just be identifying fewer apneas.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2020, 03:46 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: @jas102543, you might want to post screenshots of a night from both machines for people to review. (Ideally the last night you used the Resmed and the following night with DreamStation.) The different manufacturers score events differently, so you may not necessarily be getting better therapy from the DreamStation: it could just be identifying fewer apneas.

I'll try to post screen-shots tomorrow. Right now I'm watching Ravens & Stealers in a Covid-19 caused Wed. afternoon game.
Post Reply Post Reply
sawinglogz, Last night I was preparing the attached Excel Cardiac Report for my upcoming Dr. visit and in so doing it quickly became obvious that maybe I didn't give ResMed's AirSense 10 AutoSet a fair try because my three best Heart Rate Change % scores occurred while using it. Direct your attention to the bottom where my Ablation Hospitalization is shown. The before and after Heart Rate Change info is what’s most important to me for my Atrial Fibrillation. The AHI, Flow rate etc. is all peripheral to my HR. With my Dreamstation when my AHI scores finally came down, due to Minimum Pressure settings in the 14 range I got in the habit of looking at my AHI each time I disconnected for a bathroom stop (I have too many). Well the ResMed unit posts a event score instead of the AHI and after just buying it and not be overwhelmed by its scores I got discouraged before I was even halfway thru the nite and shut off the unit.

If you still want too see screen shots what parameters are of most interest to you? I have my 3 Oximeter Parameters (SPO2, HR Change & Movement) shown first but I can, as you know, reposition the parameters.

Oh, I should note that red shaded data is BAD and green is GOOD. Can't explain why best HR Change % occurred without positive pressure for the biggest part of the nite. Duh!

Attached Files
.xlsx   Cardiac Report.xlsx (Size: 20 KB / Downloads: 9)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 85 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 202 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 325 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 754 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche
  Time adjust BlueSky1958 0 417 12-10-2023, 08:05 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Oscar Time Display Discrepancy BeardedPAP 2 662 11-25-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: CWest
  Need total usage time displayed in OSCAR for FAA dadto5 4 606 11-18-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: dadto5

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.