Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR not saving data [solved, see post #18]
RE: OSCAR Release v1.1.0
(05-21-2020, 12:20 PM)mjrPdqkLguUgGLE Wrote: Hello,

It reads:

C:/Users/Admin/Documents/OSCAR_DATA_ADMIN

And as which user are you trying to run OSCAR?
Post Reply Post Reply
I ran as Admin.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2020, 03:09 PM)mjrPdqkLguUgGLE Wrote: I ran as Admin.

Please check your PMs.
Post Reply Post Reply

I will send you a PM tomorrow with a link to a test version of OSCAR.  I've added more diagnostic messages for I/O errors.  I'd like you to run that test version and then send us the debug log.

Hopefully we will find out what is going on with your permission settings!
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

I am sending you a PM with a link to an installer for a test version of OSCAR.  This is a development version and has not been extensively tested.  I have added code to place messages in the debug log if any attempt to create and/or open a file fails.  Please install and run this version of OSCAR and import data. 

Be sure you are logged on with the same account when you install and when you run OSCAR.  Using different accounts on one computer could cause Windows security problems.

When you first run OSCAR, it will ask you if you want to use a directory OSCAR_Data-master.  Say 'yes' and allow OSCAR to create a new directory of this name. 

OSCAR will then ask if you want to migrate Sleepyhead data.  You can respond 'yes' if you want to do that or 'no' if you don't.

Then create a new profile and import from your SD card.

If it is working, all is good.  If not, use 'Help/Troubleshooting/Create zip of OSCAR diagnostic logs'.  Send us that zip file.

If you want to examine the debug log yourself, it is in OSCAR_Data-master/logs/debug.txt.  Search for the string "warning:".

I will also be breaking these posts into a separate thread so we can focus just on this problem in one thread.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] OSCAR not saving data
The posts about your problem are now in this thread. Please post replies here instead of as PMs.

Thanks.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
My answers to your questions are in red.

mjrPdqkLguUgGLE Wrote:
GuyScharf Wrote:Your security settings look the same as on my laptop.  So I don't know what is going on with your computer.  But the "Access is denied" message indicates what is probably a permissions problem.

Let me know if the work-around I sent you has any better results.

Guy
Hello,

Your workaround made the waveform plots work!  Please check the few warnings in the debug pane to make sure everything is all right.
The debug log looks ok.

Before the work around, why did the overview and statistics windows work?
Just guessing, but OSCAR keeps some data in memory and some is reread from disk.  Rereading from disk would fail but in-memory data might still be available.

One critique.  The duration of individual apnea eventsis important.  For example, an OA event of 80 seconds is a lot worse than one of 20 seconds, because of lower levels of of oxygen in the brain.  One cannot tell this from the flow rate graph.  Admittedly, one gets the total of all OA, but the duration at a finer time granularity is needed.
I agree; individual event duration can be very useful information.  Unfortunately, PRS1 machines do not report reliable duration data for individual events, so we cannot show individual event duration.  (OSCAR supports event duration on ResMed machines except for H and RERA events).

Also, is there a way to alter the vertical scale of the flow rate graph, so the flow rate is shorter, and hence, visually interferes less with the event lines?
You can do several things:
1)  Grab the separator bar between graphs and drag down to make a graph larger.
2)  Right click on the graph title, select Y-Axis, select Override, and enter the minimum and maximum values you want to use for the graph.
3)  Right click on the graph title, select Overlays, and disable the especially "noisy" and less useful ones like VS and VS2.

Finally, is there a way to integrate sleep data that I have from a non-APAP device.  I could do this myself by exporting the relevant data but it would be nice to use the OSCAR framework.
As a general question, no.  But it depends on the device.  OSCAR does support Somnopose, for example.  What device are you looking for support for?

Thanks once again,
mjrPdqkLguUgGLE
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
fyi to anyone reading this thread: the work-around to bypass this Windows security/permissions problem was to place OSCAR_Data in some folder other than the Documents folder.  Instructions for doing that are (generalized rather than specific to this user):

1. Delete the Documents\OSCAR_Data directory.  In this case, the folder had no files so was useless anyway.  Alternatively, if you have data there, just rename the folder to anything else, like "OSCAR_Data-old".
  2. Start OSCAR
  3. It will ask you if it should create the Documents\OSCAR_Data directory.  Respond 'No'.
  4. Next, we're going to create the OSCAR\Data directory in a different location, not in the Documents folder.  OSCAR will present a standard file open dialog and ask you to select a directory.  Change the current directory from C:\Users\<username>\Documents to just \Users\<username> (or other place of your choice). Create an OSCAR_Data directory in \Users\<username> and select that directory.  OK the dialog and OSCAR will continue.
  5. OSCAR will ask if you want to import Sleepyhead data.  It's ok if you want to do that.
  6. Import data from your SD card.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Is this a standard restriction that Windows sometimes applies to a user's Documents directory, or was it unique to this computer?
Post Reply Post Reply
No, this is not a standard restriction. In the previous case, this was a problem with user-set permissions for the Documents folder. In this case, I'm not even sure it was a Windows restriction but perhaps some security program. We won't know for sure unless OP reports back what his "guru" found.

Windows does restrict on writing to Program Files or Program files (x86).
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 75 11 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 87 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 59 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 221 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 96 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.