Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR not working with IOS 10.14.5
Question 
OSCAR not working with IOS 10.14.5
Could not upload files from con 50D even with your mac drivers. It is only $85.00 but I guess I must return. Not sure if I want to spend $1000 for Resmed attachment.Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR not working with IOS 10.14.5
There is a "D" and a "D+" model. Only the "D+" will record. If yours is the "D: model that you specified above, you're out of luck.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is actully a Contec CMS50F- is this also no good?
Post Reply Post Reply
Depending on what version of firmware your CMS50F has, it may work on your Mac if you use the Mac software you can download from http://torontek.com/product/torontoek-b400/ This should work with past and recent version of Contec oximeters ot create a file that OSCAR can read, although I have not yet tried it.
Oximeter support has not been completed for OSCAR.

BTW, what is the firmware version of your CMS50F?
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
that link no longer goes throught- it is blind. The version is 6.1
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I mis-typed it... Try http://torontek.com/product/torontek-b400/

Had the wrong glasses on...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
That does not work either- will just return the oximeter. Thanks for your input
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got the same oximeter (CMS50F FW v6.1) and I'm having the same problems on the same OS (MacOS 10.14.5).  Thanks for the link to the MacOS version of the software!  I can download to files and look at the data with that, but I can't get OSCAR to either connect directly or import the files.  If I try to connect directly I get:
Quote:You need to tell your oximeter to begin sending data to the computer.

Please connect your oximeter, enter it's menu and select upload to commence data transfer...
There is no such menu option.

If I try to import the file, it appears to fail at the screen that says, "Import Completed. When did the recording start?"  I can set the month and day on that screen but not the year, there's a space that I'm guessing should have a calendar but it's blank, and whatever option I select it says there's no CPAP data available or the data just never appears in OASIS.  The dat and time are set correclty to within a few seconds on the oximeter.

Is there a different oximeter known to work in OSCAR or should I just hang on to this one and wait?  Is there anything I can do to help debug this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I have the new version with the new firmware, so I should be able to sort out the import, both directly and through the files.
I've been working on other areas of OSCAR import, but I hope to get the new oximeter firmware recognised for the next release of OSCAR. It was a big jump from version 3.7 and 3.9 to 6.something, so I'm not too surprised that there are problems.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 81 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Quit Working stillsleepy2 19 1,127 01-11-2024, 04:59 PM
Sad Upgrade check not working [fixed in OSCAR 1.5.1] clan 1 597 09-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  SpO2 Drop below X not working? YouTakeMyBreathAway 9 811 02-03-2023, 12:18 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Mac Oscar 1.4 not working with ResMed AirStart 10 mumug 8 1,021 06-28-2022, 06:55 AM
  OSCAR not working with my new AirSense 11 (worked with my old AirSense 11) Chris33022 26 4,069 06-20-2022, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Chris33022
  Oscar Calendar not working? Nightynite 2 589 01-26-2022, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.