Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR not working with my new AirSense 11 (worked with my old AirSense 11)
RE: OSCAR not working with my new AirSense 11 (worked with my old AirSense 11)
It is likely that the timezone is set incorrectly in your new AirSense 11. Please look in the clinical menu and see what the timezone in the machine is set to.

ResMed always starts a new day at noon, and your graph shows your last three hours of sleep beginning at what the machine thinks is noon. You should see the first part of your night's sleep on the previous day. Assuming you are not actually sleeping through noon, correcting the timezone in the machine should fix that.

Changing the timezone in the machine is complicated by the fact that it requires erasing all the data in the machine. So you will probably lose data. The best approach is probably to set the timezone to your standard time zone (not DST). You'll be off an hour for half the year though.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2022, 01:09 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Changing the timezone in the machine is complicated by the fact that it requires erasing all the data in the machine. 

Hi GuyScharf, Thank you very much for responding. Two days ago I actually did change the time in my machine (by erasing all data first) because it was a new machine that was off by one hour. So I set it to "GBT -4", which is what is usually necessary to get the correct New York time. And yet this is the result (the graph I showed you). But you gave me an idea that maybe it requires a totally different number (instead of -4), so I could try experimenting right now with various numbers and then import the data to OSCAR each time, to see if I can finally hit on the correct time (through trial and error). Thank you for helping me think of this idea! 

If anyone else has any additional input or ideas, please let me know.
Post Reply Post Reply
P.S. I just compared the end time of the Oscar graph I attached, to the actual end time of when I turned off the machine. The results are baffling. Here they are:
-OSCAR graph ends at 6/18/22 @ 15:21
-Real end time of when I actually turned off the machine after 7 hours of sleep: 6/19/22 @ 9:39

Not only is the day not correct, but not even the minutes!!! It's so frustrating.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again. I just did two 5-minute tests of wearing my AirSense 11, while leaving the GMT setting at "-4" which was the same as before when it was messing up. And lo and behold, now it works perfectly, is giving me the right day, hour and minutes. It's as if someone at OSCAR heard my cry for help and fixed things behind the scenes. If so, thank you!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have no explanation for your observations! Let us know if everything looks right tonight.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2022, 02:20 PM)Chris33022 Wrote: It's as if someone at OSCAR heard my cry for help and fixed things behind the scenes. If so, thank you!!

OSCAR is magical.. fixes itself.   Bigwink Too-funny
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2022, 03:28 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Let us know if everything looks right tonight.

GuyScharf, you asked for an update so here it is: Yes, everything still looked right last night. It really is strange how things went bonkers and then were fixed on their own without my doing anything. 

Thanks again, everyone, for all your help and advice!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 139 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 234 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
  ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset help Pawpri 3 278 03-25-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Moving from Dreamstation to Airsense 11 jed3 3 204 03-12-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Rcgop
  Getting message "Your Resmed CPAP machine has not been tested yet". It's AirSense 11. PurpleOx 32 4,469 03-07-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 754 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,704 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.