Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR not working with my new AirSense 11 (worked with my old AirSense 11)
RE: OSCAR not working with my new AirSense 11 (worked with my old AirSense 11)
Other than crossing the noon hour (a new day), it doesn't matter when the CPAP reports your sleep time. It is the total number of hours that matter.

Syncing the AS11 and the O2RIng. . . The easiest solution is to rename the O2Ring's data file to the starting time of the AS11, and import the renamed file.
  1. Import the AS11's data into OSCAR.
  2. Note the AS11's start time.
  3. Rename the O2Ring's file name to match.
    The key portion of the filename is the 14 digit portion. The newer app to generate these files now prefix the data file with the oximeter's model name. It doesn't matter if this prefix is present or not, just the 14 digit unique identifier name.
  4. Import the renamed oximeter file.
If you're wondering, the name consists of Year (4 digits), Month (2 digits), Day (2 digits), Hour (2 digits), Minutes (2 digits), and Seconds (2 digits).
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Presumably the Ring time is the correct wall clock time and the OSCAR data is off due to timezone mismatch (and OSCAR not using the TZ information from the AS11 yet). Rather than change the time on each file just set the Clock drift setting in OSCAR preferences to move the CPAP data to the correct time (at least for the current TZ you are in - it will be right, or more wrong, once DST changes).
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much, Red and kappa, for those helpful methods. I ended up erasing all the data on my new AirSense 11 because there were only 2 nights of sleep anyway, and I prefer having the correct time and also not having to alter the name of my Wellue O2Ring's new data every morning. 

I have a burning question: I lost my first 2 months of data from my first SD Card because I didn't know (until Red told me) that if I inserted it into my new machine it would erase all the data from my old machine. But those first 2 months of data are still visible in the Oscar app on my Mac (meaning, I can still see the graphs and everything). Is it possible for me to still retrieve that data in a way that would enable me to (for example) put it on an SD card that I could give to a doctor? Or is that data lost forever apart from still being visible in the OSCAR app?
Post Reply Post Reply
Good question!  OSCAR stores the detailed data in a folder within the OSCAR_data directory. Path: ...\OSCAR_Data\Profiles\User_Profile_Name\CPAP_SerialNumber\Backup
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Red, this is so great! I had already looked through the "OSCAR_Data" folder on my Mac, but the one place in there that I didn't think it was worth looking in was the "Profiles" folder. But now I see all the data in there. Thank you so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
Not ALL the SD card data is there. Only the data that OSCAR uses is backed up. I'm not sure that ResScan will be happy if it is missing the SETTINGS folder. In addition, some of the folder structure is slightly altered, so recovering the DATALOG folders and finding the corresponding STR.edf file will be tricky.

I think you will have to rely on the OSCAR printouts to show your doctor.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2022, 03:08 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Not ALL the SD card data is there. Only the data that OSCAR uses is backed up. I'm not sure that ResScan will be happy if it is missing the SETTINGS folder.  In addition, some of the folder structure is slightly altered, so recovering the DATALOG folders and finding the corresponding STR.edf file will be tricky.

I think you will have to rely on the OSCAR printouts to show your doctor.

Oh, that's too bad. 

I just tried saving the Oscar graph as a pdf, but not only does it only do one day at a time, but what's worse is it doesn't even capture the column on the left with important information. It only shows the graphs. And I'd have to make a pdf of every single day for 2 months, and then maybe combine them all into a single pdf. All of this would be very labor intensive. 

Do you know if there's a quick way to make a pdf of 2 months-worth of OSCAR sleep reports, all in one go, all in the same pdf?
Post Reply Post Reply
You could go to the Overview page and select the two months of interest and print that as a pdf.

You don't get the nice flow rate graphs, but your doc was never going to look at all of them anyway...

OTOH, you can still zoom in on a few areas of concern and show him those.

With newer versions, you can select a custom Date Range for the Statistic page. Tell it to print to legal paper in landscape mode to get the most legible pdf file.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, pholynyk, but the overview page doesn't seem interesting. And it's not just for my doc, it's for me, or if I'd like someone to analyze my data, or whatever other reason. If you think of another solution, please let me know!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gideon or anyone. (I'm tagging you, Gideon, since your profile says you're the main tester for Oscar, so I figured you might be the likeliest person to know how to solve this problem--I hope that's OK.) I'm having a big problem with OSCAR for the past two days. Before that, it was working fine for me for 2 months. And now, it not only shows me a time that is way way off from when I actually slept, but also it strangely gives me data for only 3 hours of sleep when in fact I was sleeping for around 7 hours. I'm attaching a screenshot of what I mean. I really hope someone can help me!

(06-15-2022, 04:11 PM)Gideon Wrote: we are building the release package as you read this.
I don't think my tag worked in my post (see above). So trying again like this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 75 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset help Pawpri 3 107 03-25-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Moving from Dreamstation to Airsense 11 jed3 3 129 03-12-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Rcgop
  Getting message "Your Resmed CPAP machine has not been tested yet". It's AirSense 11. PurpleOx 32 4,283 03-07-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 663 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  support for AirSense 11 model 39520? roost 1 250 02-12-2024, 07:41 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.