Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR old version
OSCAR old version
Updated to OSCAR 1.1.0. And now my (pressure and total time in apnea) in the overview section are not displayed as the older version of OSCAR. The Pressure display in the older version showed "Min pres", "90% pres", and "max pres", all color coded. New OSCAR just shows "min pres", and "max pres" with no color coding no "90% pressure". The "total time in apnea" is devoid of data, there was color coded data in older version. I would like to go back to a older version of OSCAR but cannot fine a older version to download. Sleepyhead works good but, I just liked the graphics better in the older Version of OSCAR. Iv'e tried uninstall, reinstalled, not import sleepyhead data, import sleepyhead data, fresh profile, and made sure all user settings were good. If I cannot find a older version of OSCAR I will just use sleepyhead until full data is available for me in the overview. I'm using Philips Respironics system one auto 60 series. Any help finding the older version would be appreciated. Thanks (I'll attach a screenshot of OSCAR vs sleepyhead to show the diff)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR old version
This will be fixed in 1.1.1.

This was an unintentional side effect of improvements to the PRS1 importer, which now correctly distinguishes between observed average pressures and pressure settings/adjustments. Unfortunately, we didn't catch all the places that OSCAR assumed there was only one kind of pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this 1.1.1 version going to correct the "total time in apnea" section of the overview graph also? 
Right now I am getting no data in that section. 
I did find the bar graph in the "total time in apnea" section informative to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got a bar graph with the last version (commit # 4fa353a2 ).
Which one do you have (it's written in the title bar) ?
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR version 1.1.0
pr system one 60 series firmwware version 3.06
Post Reply Post Reply
TTIA won't be there for PRS1 because it was totally fictitious. PRS1 doesn't report the duration of apnea/etc. events, but the old code thought it did.
Post Reply Post Reply
What else does OSCAR think is relevant for the pr system one that is actually ficticious???? I want to know that what I'm looking at is actual data that helps me with my therapy and is not bogus info! I don't mean to sound unappreciative, but I'm now missing data with a program update, and told of other data being irrelevant.
Just wondering
Post Reply Post Reply
Go through the release notes, they are fairly complete.    Originally OSCAR was calculating compliance wrong.  Actually it was calculated differently in different places.  That was fixed.  

As we find something that is confusing or just plain wrong, we fix it.  
Numbers were assigned for the duration of events (apnea) that were simply put there because other systems put something there, but we don't have something, so let's put some arbitrary value in there so we can count it.  There is no way that we, OSCAR, are going to provide data that is suspect or just plain incorrect.  All of these cases that we have found were inherited from SleepyHead.  Like many others we believed that ALL the data from SleepyHead was valid, we were wrong, sorry.  This is why many sections of the original code have been rewritten, and we have plans to do much more including reworking OSCAR's database and OSCAR's UI.  
OSCAR used to call things "Max" but instead put in a "95%" value, still calling it Max because why would you even want to look at those outliers.  Now if OSCAR says "Max" it Means "Max", 95% means 95% etc.  Why? simply because it is more accurate.

Will we find more,  I'm sure we will.  We will fix those too.

Eventually we may restore TTIA but that will be after we figure how to do it accurately.
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't say what computer you are using, or which version - if it is any use, I have a copy of oscar_1.0.1-r1_Debian9_amd64.deb, the version for Debian Linux still sitting on my hard drive (I want to go to 1.10 as I have less than ideal results from 1.0.1 but am having problems as described in a different thread)

If you want it, send me a PM w/ your email so I can send it to you...

ex-Gooserider
Wheelchair using Paraplegic - T5,  Very hairy face, breath via both nose and mouth, so need full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Gooserider. I'm using windows 10 for OSCAR. I have a netbook is running linux mint but I have issues with installing OSCAR on it. It breaks linux mints updater when I try to install it. I did have OSCAR working on a zorin linux OS. though.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Version 1.5.2 Problems flipmike 10 354 04-02-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: flipmike
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 239 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 244 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 396 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,975 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
Sad Graphics bug in 1.5.1 Deb 12 version Gooserider 2 532 12-26-2023, 09:08 PM
Information New SEFAM Analyize software version 3.2.0 SuperSleeper 3 1,384 11-11-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DrJelly

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.