Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR-oximetry data import record/file layout
OSCAR-oximetry data import record/file layout
Howdy. Please forgive me and just point me to an existing thread if this has already been answered ( but I did search, a LOT).

I use OSCAR for my DreamStation Bi-PAP data, and would like to merge my oximetry device data instead of using separate apps.

I don't have one of the oximeters supported by OSCAR's import tool. Not that it matters, but on Amazon the 'importable' brand seems no longer available. I have a Wellvue branded product (SleepU, I guess) that seems Vitacom related, and I use O2 Insight Pro to download and view my data. That software can produce a CSV file, at least. I'm not sure what the device 'native' data file looks like -- when I connect the oximeter to my PC it does not show up as a storage device, so I don't even know what file holds the data.

I can read a file a byte at a time, if I can get at the 'real' data file somehow; and rewrite it this-way-or-that. Alternatively, I can take the CSV export and rewrite it to any format OSCAR can import. But I don't know the file and record layout that OSCAR needs. 

Help me Rhonda . . .     Thanks-- JT in AZ
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR-oximetry data import record/file layout
The upcoming release will be able to read the binary files that O2 Insight Pro downloads from the SleepU, no need to export to CSV.

For now you'll still need to use their software to connect and download the files, but you won't have to export each day to CSV: just point OSCAR at the O2 Insight Pro data folder, and it will load all of the sessions you've downloaded to your PC.

Alternatively, if you're syncing via Bluetooth to an Android device, the same files are stored on your phone's or tablet's SD card. Things are a little more complicated for iOS, since ViHealth doesn't currently expose the data as downloadable files.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sawer of Logs:  That's great news. Have a general notion of when that upcoming release might happen?

Big thanks-- JT
Post Reply Post Reply
I expect the release to be in the next few weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's great! I'm trying to do the same thing ... get my Wellvue data into OSCAR. I've been using ViHealth on my phone and chromebooks. I'm guessing I need to start using Insight Pro instead and then I can use this new feature when it comes out. I'll be watching for it. Thanks!

Now if I could only get Insight Pro to see my O2Ring. JT, how do you get your SleepU data into Insight Pro? USB cable to a Windows machine? I tried that but it doesn't see it. I think it's Bluetooth only (USB connector only charges?) so I might have to wait for the SleepU I just ordered. Anybody out there able to use Insight Pro with the O2Ring? Any other O2 app I should try that would work as a middleman to OSCAR?

Thanks!,
WT
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're running ViHealth on and Android device, you can just grab those files directly, no need for PC software.

You might be missing drivers for the USB-Serial bridge for your O2Ring. If you look through connected USB devices, you can usually find out the vendor name or ID. I'd be surprised if the USB connector is charge-only.

I know the SleepU's USB cable does do data as well as charge. (And the Insight Pro software doesn't do bluetooth.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Sir Wire-Tire: The reply before mine is probably more helpful than this: I don't have the O2Ring-- I have what Wellvue describes as a wrist monitor. Having said that, when I plug the USB cable into my PC, I DON'T see the device in a File Explorer window. But if I open O2 Insight Pro and click on Download, it does import the data.
After trying a download (=import) of your data, then under SleepU.. (some numbers), if there is a month-year folder, open it. If there is anything in that, the items indicate the data date. For my device, after 4 sessions data is overwritten; so I import virtually daily.
I hope this is of use, but I reiterate referral to The Lumberjack. But FWIW, I did install the Vhealth app on my phone, ONLY to try to get at the actual data files, and I was not successful. Found the files, but chased too many very wild geese from there. Tegards-- JT
Post Reply Post Reply
Very helpful! Thank you both!
Post Reply Post Reply
P.S. For anyone else with an O2Ring .... I found out that any micro-USB cable will charge the O2Ring but to get the data you have to use their proprietary cable that comes with it  Oh-jeez . I don't know what could be different about that cable but hopefully I'll find it before the new release comes out  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting. The SleepU uses a proprietary connector that only works with their cable, maybe that's why.

The SleepU cable includes a serial-to-USB bridge. A standard micro-USB cable wouldn't.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 22 3,041 04-14-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 71 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Fitbit import to OSCAR ExtremeDeepSleep 4 133 04-11-2024, 07:34 AM
Last Post: ExtremeDeepSleep
  ResM AirCurve 11 VAuto - Where to send zip file Empty13220 1 62 04-09-2024, 09:07 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 916 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 260 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 233 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.