Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR-oximetry data import record/file layout
RE: OSCAR-oximetry data import record/file layout
Jim - Which version of OSCAR are you using and on what platform?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Monsieur Nape:  Version 1.1.0  (just downloaded within the last week)   Windows 10. Holler if I should send some data somewhere.

FWIW: Until recently it was not unusual for me to have non-CPAP periods of oximetry data, to help assess daytime oxygenation, and I wondered if the occasional 'extra' oximeter data might be confounding the import process. But as I mentioned, I'm currently limited to importing only one day's data at a time, and at least one of the imports that received the quoted error message was with a data file from a session that had started and ended within seconds of the corresponding CPAP session.  BTW, I did import the CPAP device data before trying to import any oximeter data.

Tangentially: What actually brought me back to the forum was the search for a USB driver for my SleepU (as instructed by the Wizard in the updated version of OSCAR). Then I saw the messages I'd missed, and bailed from The Wiz in favor of DATA/Import Viatom Data. Is finding the correct driver and importing directly from the device maybe worth pursuing? And if so, know where I can find the driver? 

Thx-- Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
If the SleepU uses the usual CP210X USB to UART driver then the one from SI Labs should work:
https://www.silabs.com/products/developm...cp-drivers
I use the same driver for my Contec unit and it works just fine.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the SleepU uses a different USB chip, but I loaned out mine and can't check.

@jtmAZ, please send a copy of one of your Viatom files for which you saw "Your Viatom device generated data that OSCAR has never seen before" to:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b

I'll take a look at it and see what's going on. As you noticed, it is importing the data, it's just flagging that it might not be correct, since it has some value that we haven't yet tested.

Also, you said "After navigating to the O2 Insight Pro DATA folder, clicking Open does not initiate a procedure, just opens the folder and displays the 80-ish individual time-date-named files." Are you running OSCAR on Window, macOS, or Linux?
Post Reply Post Reply
1. I just uploaded to the dropbox 3 files recently imported (since I was uncertain which file was imported without the error msg).

B. I'm running OSCAR on a Win 10 desktop PC

III. re: Jeff8356 drivers link -- thanks. Howsomever, I ran the driver installation, but OSCAR's import wizard didn't find my connected device; Win File Explorer doesn't display it; and I can't see anything in Device Manager I might poke. I first ran the x64 install, then after hitting a wall tried to run the x86 version just in case OSCAR might prefer that; but the install rejected going forward based on my CPU. I'm sure I've missed an infantile step and am prepared to be embarrassed by whatever it is.

Thanks to both, and all. Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
1. Thank you, I'll take a look shortly.

2. This may be a limitation of the file selection dialog box on Windows. Can you select "open" inside the folder without selecting an individual file?

3. Even if you sort out the drivers, OSCAR's import wizard only supports Contec oximeters and clones. OSCAR can't connect to a Viatom oximeter, that's slated for the next major version.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2020, 10:31 PM)jtmAZ Wrote: 1. I just uploaded to the dropbox 3 files recently imported (since I was uncertain which file was imported without the error msg).

Thanks again for these. Could you upload PDFs generated by O2 Insight Pro for these 3 days? Your data is being imported correctly, but there's a value in the header that's a little peculiar, and I'd like to understand it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well my FIRST apology is for the delayed reply-- crappy day.

SECOND apology is for: I just crammed 6 or7 files into the drop-  I wasn't 100% sure which 3 'consecutive' data files I had sent previously, but the naming convention appears consistent so you should be able to identify the matching 3 PDF files. (If I was supposed to attach the files to this instead of using the drop, please give me the last 3 digits of the file names and I'll do that) 

In the import process, after navigating to the SN-named folder in \DATA, clicking Open results only in displaying the data files. At which point the Open button is disabled until I select a specific file; and I cannot use either Ctrl or Shft to select more than a single file.

Thanks for the heads-up re: importing directly from the device.   Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for confirming the file selection behavior. I've checked in a change that should let you select multiple files in 1.1.1.

I'll take a look at your PDFs when I get them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I should have thought of this before my previous reply but I've been distracted household conundrums (eg. carpenter bees getting into a wall). And (poor) timing is is everything, as always . . . 

Being able to import a mess o' oximeter data files in one blow is a very handy feature for dealing with a stockpile of previously unsupported data files. Importing one file at a time thereafter is not really not a problem. So I was hoping to catch You Developers before you bothered fiddling with the single-file limitation if I was the only wheel with that specific squeak.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 145 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 157 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 223 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.