Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

User Flags -- how hard would it be to add some informational labeling to OSCAR?
User Flags -- how hard would it be to add some informational labeling to OSCAR?
In the preferences when you set up User Flags, you set them to be a certain percentage and a certain time. In the left sidebar where the Index values are shown for each type of event, if you are using the user flags they will show up at the bottom of the list. Even when that section is at minimum width, there is some room there for a little more text -- "Unclassified Apnea" takes up the most room at 18 characters long, and "User Flag #n" is only 12, so there would be room for something like "xy%-zs" right? Especially if you tightened it up to "UsrFlg1" and "UsrFlg2" or the like.

Is this something that would be easy to do?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: User Flags -- how hard would it be to add some informational labeling to OSCAR?
You can change that label yourself. Just go to the Events tab and find them. You can edit the name, the colour, the description when you hover over it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: User Flags -- how hard would it be to add some informational labeling to OSCAR?
...but the changes will not be saved Sad
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm. It seems to be working on my Windows 10 installation. I've changed both the labels, short label and colours on my User flags (eg: Flow Restriction (small) and FRS for one of them, and Flow Restriction (Large) and FRL for the other), as well as the description on the Movement. The Flag/Span part doesn't stick for me for SpO2 but the other fields do.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR code and event flags? PeaceLoveAndPizza 0 443 12-12-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Where do the data flags come from? LookingForACleverHandle 1 522 08-24-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR with 2 machines, 1 user edfreeman 3 545 04-30-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
Question MADE USER NAME CHANGE TO MY COMPUTER: NEED HELP WITH OSCAR ERROR MESSAGE Plmnb 8 940 04-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Can Oscar recompute daily stats for a user-selection part of a day? FLsleeper7 6 606 02-17-2023, 09:35 PM
Last Post: FLsleeper7
  OSCAR New user SnoNoMo 3 538 12-25-2022, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  [OSCAR] new user, no import from SD card La DuF 6 800 08-25-2022, 05:40 AM
Last Post: La DuF

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.