Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR profile missing
OSCAR profile missing
Was successful several times downloading data from my SD card to OSCAR on my PC. And then OSCAR stopped downloading. It says there is no profile created. When I look at c:/documents/OSCAR_data/Profiles/<username>, there is a lot of script there, but don't know how to restore it. Any guidance available somewhere?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR profile missing
I'm having the same issue. After a week of successfully downloading my data, OSCAR is now saying I need to create a new profile.
Any OSCAR vets who can help us?
Post Reply Post Reply
So we are all playing on the same field, please verify you are both using Windows OS and advise which version (7, 8,10, or 11). Next, it will help if you state the version of OSCAR you are using. Could you please use the Snipping Tool (located in the Accessories Folder) and grab a screenshot of what is inside your OSCAR_Data folder?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson, I'm on Windows 10, have OSCAR 1.3.1 (downloaded a little over a week ago), and in my OSCAR data file there is nothing there.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, look in your Recycle bin. . . on the off chance. Go to your C: drive in Windows Explorer and do a search for OSCAR_*.  See if it may be somewhere else.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SUCCESS! I found some data files in a MS Docs folder that I had renamed, but I still couldn't figure out how to get them to OSCAR so I just ended up creating a new profile. Lo and behold, all the data magically transferred in. Thanks, Crimson!
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson, I'm on WIN10, with latest version of OSCAR downloaded a week or so ago. Here's the list from my OSCAR profile folder:
***  Moderator Note: Corrupted image removed  ***
Images can not be hosted from a personal computer.
Please upload apnea or software related images to the Apnea Board server. For all images not directly related to apnea or its software, please use an image hosting service.  
Please read this link for further information:  "How to: Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board" .
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Crimson, let me try this again. I'm used to using snipping tool, but when I paste the folder details into my message, it's just a long piece of script instead of the jpg.
I'm using WIN10 with OSCAR 1.3.1

1is PC > Documents > OSCAR_Data > Profiles > freshacorn
A
□ Name Date modified Type Size
0 PRS1j286048213C83 2021-12-24 2:51 PM File folder
0 ResMed_23211 538848 2021-12-24 2:51 PM File folder
OJ channels.dat 2022-02-06 7:27 PM DAT File 29 KB
OJ channels 2022-02-06 7:27 PM XML Document 37 KB
OJ daily.shg 2022-02-06 7:27 PM SHG File 4 KB
OJ machines 2022-02-06 7:27 PM XML Document 3 KB
OJ overview.shg 2022-02-06 7:27 PM SHG File 1 KB
OJ Profile 2022-02-06 7:27 PM XML Document 5 KB
OJ RXChanges.cache 2022-02-06 7:25 PM CACHE File 2 KB
Post Reply Post Reply
You have to upload the image file to the board and then insert into the post. You must be in the Full Editor and not the Quick Reply to do this. Please read the link I posted above your last post. Also, I would like to see the OSCAR_Data listing and not any further down.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks Crimson. . . is this right?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  1.5.2 opens without my profile JollyJoker 2 108 03-18-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: JollyJoker
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 322 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Flow Rate and Mask pressure missing BuzzaJim 9 527 01-30-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,759 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  OSCAR Lost My Profile DNowakowski 3 612 12-09-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5 profile name dataq1 3 516 11-30-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.