Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR profiles and preferences
OSCAR profiles and preferences
Hi again, another quick question:

I am setting up OSCAR v1.2.0 at last and getting to grips with data directories and profiles etc.

Sorry if this has been asked before...If, so please point me in the right direction.

When I set up a new Profile how do to get to keep the same chart colours, event colours, font sizes etc that I had in my old profile?

I could write them down etc and copy manually, no problem at all, but 

I see there is a OSCAR data/preferences.xml (does this apply to all profiles?)
I see there is a OSCAR data/profiles.xml.

and then,

I see there is a separate profile.xml under each profile.

Which of these can I safely copy between profiles?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR profiles and preferences
While I have not tested copying these internal data files between files between profiles, you could try it and see if it works.

The profile.xml file doesn't have the information you are asking for, but it looks like it can be copied ok. The only problem I see in a quick scan is that the remembered last import location might not be what you want for the new profile. The first time you import, you might have to specify a new import location, which would then be remembered for the future.

Fonts and font sizes are application-wide data and are stored in OSCAR_Data/Preferences.xml. So that applies to all profiles in the database.

Graph positioning and sizing is stored in the *.SHG files in the profile directory. I've not tested whether those files can be copied.

Colors and selected channels are stored in channels.xml in the profile directory. Again, I have no tested copying this file between profiles.

If you do try copying these files, let us know how it works.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Guy.

Appreciate your input wrt to what these files do. That helps.

Hope I am not trying to be too clever and make more work for myself, I'm always one to complicate things!

My project for a rainy day on my laptop, perhaps.

So much to learn and so little time!

thanks, Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
Guy just for some feedback and to close this loop.

1. Preferences.xml is application wide so no need to copy this. 

2. "Graph positioning and sizing is stored in the *.SHG files in the profile directory. I've not tested whether those files can be copied." This works if I copy both the overview.shg and the daily.shg files. Hardly seems worth the effort.

3. Changing charting colours under Events and Waveforms writes to these files:
Daily.shg, machines.xml, overview.shg, profile.xml and RXChanges.cache and works if I copy them all over the new profile.

but messes with OSCAR ability to point to the correct profile. So for me going forward it's just as quick to record graph colours and fonts etc to a word document and copy them over manually.

As always I do appreciate your time!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thaniks. fyi, you should not copy the rxchanges.cache file -- that would mess up the Statistics page.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK thank you  Great-info

I will make a note of that!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR lost my profiles! jtardo 13 324 03-25-2024, 07:40 PM
Last Post: jtardo
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 268 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 90 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Oscar Profiles, etc Fixit50 4 237 01-31-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Fixit50
  Session Preferences srlevine1 0 459 10-24-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Help organizing Profiles and CPAP Data Cam12 7 440 08-18-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Data missing - multiple empty profiles Airsense 11 LBTRS 2 622 03-06-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: LBTRS

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.