Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR profiles for different machines?
OSCAR profiles for different machines?
I'm a 6+ year CPAP user with pretty severe complex apnea. I have a Respironics P560 at the factory for recalibration and am struggling with a rental ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. I had switched from Sleepyhead 0.98 to OSCAR in Windows 8.1. I seem to have blown away my OSCAR Respironics profile, but have the SD cards and old SH installation intact. I've made lots of mistakes with the ResMed so my first few days of data are pretty useless. I'd like to be able to refer back to the Respironics data, and build new/future data well on the ResMed. Can I do this with 2 profiles on OSCAR (1 for each machine)? I will be moving to a new BiPAP in December, and believe I will want to have a new profile going forward, keeping the previous for reference. Am I thinking about this right - separate profiles for different machines from different manufacturers and algorithms? Thanks for any suggestions!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR profiles for different machines?
G'day BruQu. Welcome to Apnea Board.

Although it's not strictly necessary is is highly advisable to have each machine in its own profile. This is especially true if you are mixing different makes as their data structures are quite different.

You still have the SleepyHead data in place, so the easiest way to proceed might be to delete Oscar including all the data files. Then install Oscar again - it should ask if you want to migrate your previous SH data. Do this. Then create a new profile for the Resmed machine, and a third when you go onto the bilevel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, DeepBreathing!  Knowing how beats "trial and error" most of the time! I did the "guest" thing on apneaboard in occasional visits over a long time, but sent money several times to Jedi Mark in appreciation for SleepyHead - now I can send it here. We have a common interest in having good info ... it's called our lives! I very much appreciate having access to such an attentive and enormous bank of knowledge, insight and experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board, BruQu!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to AB.

I have over 20 profiles that I look over for one reason or another, mostly for testing of OSCAR.  OSCAR handles multiple profiles easily.  

If you see something that is not right with OSCAR let us know.  The OSCAR team here is dedicated to making sure OSCAR is both helpful and accurate.  Many of the issues we have resolved were identified by users outside the OSCAR team.
Post Reply Post Reply
BruQu, I just looked again at your original post and see that you have severe complex apnea. In many cases complex apnea requires a different type of machine from an ordinary bilevel. Specifically it requires a "bilevel with backup" or adaptive servo-ventilator (ASV). If you haven't already done so, you might want to raise these options with your doc before committing to a new machine. We've seen too many people with complex apnea go through endless procedures - none of which work well and consistently - then wind up with an ASV. (Which does work well and reliably).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR lost my profiles! jtardo 13 198 03-25-2024, 07:40 PM
Last Post: jtardo
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 438 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar Profiles, etc Fixit50 4 208 01-31-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Fixit50
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,311 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Help organizing Profiles and CPAP Data Cam12 7 409 08-18-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How do I import data from multiple machines into a single OSCAR profile? levy76 2 589 07-30-2023, 07:15 PM
Last Post: levy76

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.