Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR quit unexpectedly
OSCAR quit unexpectedly
As usual, I was downloading my data to OSCAR with my first cup of coffee.  The download usually only takes seconds, but was taking a couple of minutes.  Eventually I received a message "OSCAR quit unexpectedly".   I tried several times and got the same message with and without the SD card plugged in.  I installed new versions of OSCAR and i get the error message every time.  I now have 3 installations of OSCAR on my computer and none work.  The computer is a macbook pro M-1, and it works great for everything else.  I was wondering if my SD card was damaged.  It was hard to remove from the DS today, and I think that is a standard issue with the DS.  The DS card should not have an effect on a new installation.  I am traveling for 3 days and in a different time zone, but that has never been a problem before.  I am lost.  Any ideas?  Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: OSCAR quit unexpectedly
Im guessing you are running Monterey?  Have you had any recent updates in the last few days?

I'm still on Big Sur and I had a security update a few days ago.  No issues on my end but updates can cause unexpected issues.

Do you have your OSCAR_Data in the usual location? ~/Documents/OSCAR_Data

Have you checked your SD card to see if the data is on there?

Try rebooting and see if anything changes...
MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.4) | OSCAR v1.4.0 | VM = Win10 (19043.1446) |
An Apnea Board Monitor (ABM) is a member of the Apnea Board Forum who volunteers to help watch the forum, and keep things running smoothly.
Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching images and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR Data Interpretation
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes data is on the SD card.  I did reboot at some point this morning, and tried that again to make sure.  No luck.  Yes I use the Monterey OS.  When I checked that, there was an update, so I did that after the problem started.  No recent updates prior to the problem starting.  OSCAR has worked on Monterey for a while, so I don't suspect that would cause it, but who knows?.  I can back up to an older OS if necessary.  OSCAR data is in the same location.  Thanks for the suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some other suggestions...

Check the permissions for OSCAR.  System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy
You should see something like this:

Does OSCAR run at all for you?
If it starts then try creating a new profile and see if you can import your data into the new profile.
MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.4) | OSCAR v1.4.0 | VM = Win10 (19043.1446) |
An Apnea Board Monitor (ABM) is a member of the Apnea Board Forum who volunteers to help watch the forum, and keep things running smoothly.
Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching images and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR Data Interpretation
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
OSCAR is not opening at all.  Something is wrong with permissions.  The only thing showing is the second installation.  I am working on it.  Thanks very much for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wireless Quit on AirSense 10 LanceC 28 10,249 04-20-2022, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  PRS1 Modem Quit Sending Daily Data to Dream Mapper Bubster 2 322 01-13-2022, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  I like Oscar 1.2.0. Can I turn off Oscar New Version Notifications E.W. 1 354 10-25-2021, 06:51 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  [Equipment] My S9 E quit again, but restarted--a question about its use DaveL 12 1,112 09-04-2020, 09:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  New CPAP User ready to quit - Central Apnea, ASV tntfrahm 98 6,256 01-18-2020, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Geer1
Gross [Equipment] Intro! + Rant! + Rage-quit my DME, what should I buy? argh 13 1,523 09-07-2019, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Quit CPAP tlippy 5 1,248 06-07-2019, 06:56 PM
Last Post: ajack

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.