Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR quit unexpectedly
OSCAR quit unexpectedly
As usual, I was downloading my data to OSCAR with my first cup of coffee.  The download usually only takes seconds, but was taking a couple of minutes.  Eventually I received a message "OSCAR quit unexpectedly".   I tried several times and got the same message with and without the SD card plugged in.  I installed new versions of OSCAR and i get the error message every time.  I now have 3 installations of OSCAR on my computer and none work.  The computer is a macbook pro M-1, and it works great for everything else.  I was wondering if my SD card was damaged.  It was hard to remove from the DS today, and I think that is a standard issue with the DS.  The DS card should not have an effect on a new installation.  I am traveling for 3 days and in a different time zone, but that has never been a problem before.  I am lost.  Any ideas?  Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR quit unexpectedly
Im guessing you are running Monterey?  Have you had any recent updates in the last few days?

I'm still on Big Sur and I had a security update a few days ago.  No issues on my end but updates can cause unexpected issues.

Do you have your OSCAR_Data in the usual location? ~/Documents/OSCAR_Data

Have you checked your SD card to see if the data is on there?

Try rebooting and see if anything changes...
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes data is on the SD card.  I did reboot at some point this morning, and tried that again to make sure.  No luck.  Yes I use the Monterey OS.  When I checked that, there was an update, so I did that after the problem started.  No recent updates prior to the problem starting.  OSCAR has worked on Monterey for a while, so I don't suspect that would cause it, but who knows?.  I can back up to an older OS if necessary.  OSCAR data is in the same location.  Thanks for the suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some other suggestions...

Check the permissions for OSCAR.  System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy
You should see something like this:

Does OSCAR run at all for you?
If it starts then try creating a new profile and see if you can import your data into the new profile.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR is not opening at all.  Something is wrong with permissions.  The only thing showing is the second installation.  I am working on it.  Thanks very much for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

I am having the same issue. My computer is a macbook (running on Ventura).

When I try to import wellue data OSCAR crashes with the message "OSCAR quit unexpectedly".

I have the version 1.4.0 of OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Quit Working stillsleepy2 19 1,137 01-11-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Please help. SleepyHead quit its reliable display and summary of SpO2 data. 2SleepBetta 10 3,244 08-16-2017, 12:19 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  FlashPAP has suddenly quit working on my Mac MitchS 12 2,448 07-08-2017, 07:43 PM
Last Post: MitchS
  Sleepyhead quit opening after early June update 2SleepBetta 3 1,767 06-22-2017, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyHead won't let me quit.. theone 13 3,054 11-01-2016, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Slim1950

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.