Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR related questions
OSCAR related questions
Hi Guys,

I started using OSCAR in parallel to ReScan.  Have few questions:

1. Does OSCAR calculate AHI and other parameters from the raw data or just displaying what it finds on the machine card?

2. Is it possible to display Central and Obstructive Hypopnea events separately?  Currently only total Hypopnea events are displayed.

3. Where can I find in-deep explanations about the clinical meaning of the various parliaments?  (for example: how can I know if my TIDAL volume is within normal limits?).

Thanks,
Arik
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: OSCAR related questions
(09-13-2019, 10:11 AM)Arik Wrote: Hi Guys,

I started using OSCAR in parallel to ReScan.  Have few questions:

1. Does OSCAR calculate AHI and other parameters from the raw data or just displaying what it finds on the machine card?

OSCAR reports the events reported by the Resmed machine

2. Is it possible to display Central and Obstructive Hypopnea events separately?  Currently only total Hypopnea events are displayed.

Resmed does not classify Hypopnoeas as Obstructive or Central in Nature so they are just Hypopnoeas

3. Where can I find in-deep explanations about the clinical meaning of the various parliaments?  (for example: how can I know if my TIDAL volume is within normal limits?).

Thanks,
Arik
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea OSCAR is born, here your wishes, suggestions and heads-up! A KLERK 96 3,377 09-18-2019, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Oscar setup saltydawg2 4 85 09-18-2019, 12:23 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  OSCAR Data folder choice supersleepymedic 4 113 09-17-2019, 06:41 PM
Last Post: supersleepymedic
Surprised Oscar / Resmed S9 / Unlocked SD Card problem eugene.robitaille 5 175 09-16-2019, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  OSCAR color settings? Cattaur 6 168 09-15-2019, 10:40 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Problem Data Import OSCAR perler242 5 151 09-15-2019, 09:35 AM
Last Post: perler242
  OSCAR: Problems Getting Started - Data Tabs Grayed Out bilofsky 2 85 09-13-2019, 11:20 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.