Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR [report for DOT & Doctor?]
OSCAR [report for DOT & Doctor?]
hi all. i just joined today.
i know OSCAR is fairly new, but does anyone know if it can be used to print a compliance report that Dot and my dr. will accept? thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR
It is up to the compliance agency to accept or not.

Some FAA Doctors do accept it for pilots, Ask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR
ty. i will.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR [report for DOT & Doctor?]
The DOT examiners the company I work for use want the reports prepared by a third party. They only need a detailed summary showing compliance and treatment details for the last 90 days. They don’t want any type of  graphs or charts. Mine is only one page. As stated above, it would be best to find out well in advance just what your examiner will require.

I call my DME  a week in advance of my exam to make arrangements for them to print the compliance report. My ResMed A10 has a built-in modem so they are able to use ResMed’s AirView online to print the report and I just go in to pick it up on the time and date we agreed upon. The service is free for their clients. They charge $20.00 for non-clients.

Your DreamStation may or may not have a modem installed. If it does, your DME may be able to print you a report without your data card, after your machine has been registered with Respironics. If you have to have the report printed from the data card it only takes about ten minutes for them to do so. If you decide to have a third party print the reports it would be best to call well in advance to find out what they need in order to print them.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Whether you make your own report or use a third party, make sure you read your letter of authorization very carefully and discuss it with the person making the report.  My latest AASI from the FAA says that they require "actual time used" with a target of 6 hours/night and 75% usage over sleep periods.  This is not the same as the normal insurance report, which shows "usage" only when the time is over 4 hours on a given night and doesn't report the actual time.

It'd be nice if these agencies would work with the providers to make sure that the required documentation is in a standard form that everyone understands, but, unfortunately, I've found that many providers do not understand exactly what Oklahoma City wants.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just print out a screen shot of the Statistics page and attach it to a letter that my Kaiser Doctor, who runs the sleep lab, signs and send it off to the Oklahoma City FAA Med Branch. I do this every 12 months and have for years. I keep asking them if I can just send it along to them every two years when I see my DME. They say no, stupid as they are backed up until hell freezes over all the time and they keep creating work for themselves that serves no useful purpose.

I mean really, how do they KNOW that the letter signed by my MD is real or not? If they are going to be taking it on faith, then at least take it on faith every two years and save them and me the work!

James.

PS. For the record...My MD says I am the poster child for compliance. I also worked with the pressure down until my AHI went up and then back up to compliance. I ended up with 9.5 and my MD thought that was a great thing to do. It also is much better to sleep if you can "tune" the pressure to what you need and no more. His take was that although the original test showed I had severe sleep apnea that I was borderline given the little pressure needed to open me up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 199 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Generating reports for doctor TechieHippie 5 424 02-19-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Seeking help with O2 report/OSCAR ejbpesca 26 1,591 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [BUG report] OSCAR v1.5.1 Skalou 10 1,353 12-03-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  First OSCAR Report - Leak Rate jfkaess 11 1,757 11-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  how to use CPAP data to compute RDI with machine that doesn't report RERAs? TryingToGetItRight 3 666 09-29-2023, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  User report: Löwenstein Prisma Smart Plus works very well with 1.5.0 clan 1 781 09-24-2023, 01:41 AM
Last Post: clan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.